IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Thanks, Vocalpoint. I was just going to edit my response to add that some (especially on the home studio level) who run into issues with setting up a multi-computer environment opt for disk imaging to keep safe points at the ready to reinstall if there are issues with an installation. I do this where I cannot have multiple computers set up (typically most non-server environments, so definitely in my studio) and it works quite well. I've read many a thread here and on other audio forums on this topic and many people have great success with it.

There is definitely a maintenance release coming soon, so it seems you will have a fix in short time. You'd need to verify with support whether they feel your specific issue will be addressed in that release, though, and you can do so by replying to your ticket.

Thanks again.

How Support can tell an user that he have to change the dedicated ASIO-Driver written for his Soundcard to ASIO4ALL? This is very unprofessional.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:How Support can tell an user that he have to change the dedicated ASIO-Driver written for his Soundcard to ASIO4ALL? This is very unprofessional.
It is clearly a workaround, not a final fix. A user posted it on our forum (and here) and it works for some having this issue. The option to wait for the maintenance release is always there, and I think calling our staff "unprofessional" for trying to help people get working temporarily in the mean time is a bit of a stretch.

Not to mention that in the end, the user is able to switch back to their dedicated driver and not use ASIO4ALL as their driver. I take it you have not had this issue or been working with our support team on it or you would likely know this. I'd also say that if you have not had the issue, worked with support and experienced their suggestion first-hand that calling them unprofessional for it is even more off-base.

Trying to help is good but sorry.. ..to point to ASIO4ALL as a workaround when the user runs a high-end pro soundcard is very unprofessional. He already explained understandable why he can't/won't do that in his Enviroment and I can't agree more. Keep in mind that the whole DAW have to run with ASIO4ALL it doesn't help much that you can switch it on/off in a second.

I didn't installed ST3 yet, i wait till it run stable.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Trying to help is good but sorry.. ..to point to ASIO4ALL as a workaround when the user runs a high-end pro soundcard is very unprofessional. He already explained understandable why he can't/won't do that in his Enviroment and I can't agree more. Keep in mind that the whole DAW have to run with ASIO4ALL it doesn't help much that you can switch it on/off in a second.

I didn't installed ST3 yet, i wait till it run stable.
And we didn't force him to, and explained that it will be fixed in a maintenance release coming soon. Still feels like you are painting with a pretty broad stroke to me and frankly you are assuming a lot and insulting our support team for no reason in the process.

Note that I also pointed out some very professional suggestions about testing and first releases in a production environment based on my experience in both the audio and technology industries. The discussion that ensued was also very professional on both parts, in my opinion. And I'm typically not painted as nearly as professional as our support staff most times ;)

Edit - for those hesitant, the maintenance release will be coming out very soon. You can get information and/or order SampleTank 3 at the introductory pricing here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 (those that have registered SampleTank 2.x XL or Miroslav Philharmonik Full will already have JamPoints added to their account in order to get them an additional 30% off using those - or for whatever else)

valerian_777 wrote:Keep in mind that the whole DAW have to run with ASIO4ALL it doesn't help much that you can switch it on/off in a second.
Also, this is completely irrelevant. I already stated that after the workaround, you switch back to your dedicated driver [see the following information - this is in the standalone] and it is an issue with the standalone version not anything to do with the plugin version. I understand now that you have a complete ignorance of the issue and any details around it which clarifies a lot. Which also means I really don't have to go any further since you've stated your opinion based around this, and you are not yet using SampleTank 3 at all so you are entitled to an ill-formed opinion as much as anybody else is.

..to install some crappy freeware (ASIO4ALL) - to a main production DAW - as a solution to correct blatant standalone start-up issues with ST3 - instead of actually helping me figure out why the issue is happening.
With DAW i mean the DAW! Digital Audio Workstation like the guy said already in his original post and not the Sequencer like you assume.. and btw. where i said Plugin?
I mean the whole DAW! What i trying to say his he can't benefit from all the good things which comes with the RME drivers because ASIO4ALL access trough WDM or whatever.

PS. Thanks for the warm words. I know how to deal with it. :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

...and he'd be using those drivers in the end, I've explained that they are switched back to the main drivers in the end yadda yadda but it is really now to the point of being comical so I'll refrain from going further after this reply. If you'd like the support ticket assigned to you I can check with them to see what they can do. Though in this case, it is already established that he'll wait for the maintenance release which is a good decision in my opinion so it should be all set without needless debate by two people who aren't experiencing the issue and one that still doesn't seem to understand the whole thing anyway. I'm assuming by your hanging on to this tooth and nail that you still insult the support team as "unprofessional" which I believe is unfair given your ignorance of the actual issue.

Anyway, we'll have more information about the maintenance release soon and I hope it solves any problems that have been experienced and reported to our support team by folks in this thread, and that their reports were handled professionally.

Reading your latest reply i suggest you take a little break. You deserved it. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Vocalpoint Studios wrote:
BBFG# wrote:My hardware runs an ASIO driver of its own though, so I'm wondering how it fits in with all this?
Each to their own and if ASIO4ALL works for you - that's great.

But I have never used it, have no info about it and do not consider it a solution to my problem.
I already have the RME Multiface installed on several key workstations here - and the last thing I am going to do is trash a production box by placing some freeware ASIO driver on it - which may in turn cause even more issues.
I guess I found the mere suggestion of installing this freeware to be a "pass the buck" crutch instead of a real solution.
What I expected support to do was try to determine why ST3 cannot find my current RME drivers and determine why their software is failing because of it.
Some of us have protocol - and causally installing unknowns into a production environment will never happen.
VP
ASIO4All has worked in the past when I needed it. As I said though, MOTU has their own version of ASIO which is required to run my 24IO. That is the driver I run now, also without issue.

So I take it there is no issue with any ASIO driver for IKM, whether it is freeware or shipped with product. And I can further gather there is an issue with the RME driver? (i.e. IKM not recognizing it?)
May I ask what drivers they use?

BBFG# wrote:May I ask what drivers they use?
RME writes their own proprietary ASIO drivers,
which are highly regarded for their efficiency and stability.
ASIO was invented by Steinberg, who sold RME hardware
as their own Steinberg Audio Interfaces, for a long time.
I'm pretty sure, there's nothing wrong with those drivers.

ASIO4All, on the other hand, is far from causing any issues.
It's simply installs an additional ASIO driver.
Nothing else will happen.
I have quite a few ASIO drivers on my production system.
They do not interfere in any way.
And if I would need ASIO4All, I would install it without fear.
( I've installed it on a few client systems and on my net-pc, without issues )

It will not change anything, as long as you don't choose to do so ...
Host-driver settings, other standalone driver settings, etc. will remain the same.

Have never read/heard of broken systems, due to an ASIO4All install.
It sometimes doesn't work ... but that's a different story ...
It will uninstall flawless.
And yes, a quick system drive backup, will keep you '100% save' !
;-)

Jan

SampleTank 3.0.1 is now available in your IK User Area - Release notes show a list of fixes. Enjoy!

Thank you Peter! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Nothing about spiking CPUs and Core Audio issues.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote:Nothing about spiking CPUs and Core Audio issues.
Please reply to your ticket and they can clarify whether a fix for your particular issue is in this update.

Return to “Instruments”