Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

aMUSEd wrote:what physical modelling capabilities does it have?
Two new filter modes, Phys String and Phys Flute, which are damped resonant combs with positive and negative feedback respectively. Good for basic Karplus-Strong plucks and blown sounds (although I wish they had a bit more input gain -- you have to kick them pretty hard to make them ring).

Nothing ground-breaking, but nice additions to the synth, and you can get some interesting interactions with the oscillators in Fractal Noise mode if you tweak carefully…
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Sequent wrote:A sort of 'missed opportunity' of sorts. Unless they thought of it and there was some reason for no putting it in. But the ability to morph between the layers does seem like a very good idea. Maybe if we ask nicely... :)
SLiC wrote:I am lovin' Electra 2, but would love a 'joystick' mode to morph between the four layers a la sy22, Wavestation etc...seems ideally set up for it! :D
I will post it as a feature suggestion on the Tone2 forum as I don't think they aren't represented at KVR
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope you get it. I asked for audio pass through so E2 could act like a proper vocoder. But I don't know if it can be done AND have the wave synthesis bit, since the software would have to differentiate between loaded audio and realtime audio. What do I know, though?

hm, i am missing some more "buzz" here... any reviews out yet?
Finally!

wow, not much going on here.
Finally!

They added a filter which looks like women's breasts and makes young boys giggle, what more could you ask for?

Planning to review it, if I can find the time...
First impressions after a quick try were good :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

cyphersuit wrote:wow, not much going on here.
I think what this thread needs is a copy protection discussion. :lol:

cyphersuit wrote:wow, not much going on here.
Maybe people are busy making music with it?

I am very satisfied with Electra2. I think I'll be using it on everything going forward. It's very versatile and easy to use. The sample import and resynthesis capability really opens up the possibilities. The first rate effects section means you can often get the finished sound within the synth itself.

By the way, Markus gave instructions for changing skins in the Tone2 forum.

Maybe a few people (like myself) decided not to pay 79€ for an upgrade. I would ending with a total price of 228€ if i add also what i paid for ElectraX before. As for myself i can't justify this price policy anymore. As a sidenote: that was also the reason i sold Cubase 6.5 because an upgrade to 7.5 for 199€ isn't what i expected a few years back. Love the price policy where they have prices for both faction: consumer and pro or a lifetime free upgrade.
Anyway, nothing to bitch about there are enough alternatives nowdays. I just wanted to mention why i can't add my impressions to certain synths anymore. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
Maybe a few people (like myself) decided not to pay 79€ for an upgrade. I would ending with a total price of 228€ if i add also what i paid for ElectraX before. As for myself i can't justify this price policy anymore. As a sidenote: that was also the reason i sold Cubase 6.5 because an upgrade to 7.5 for 199€ isn't what i expected a few years back. Love the price policy where they have prices for both faction: consumer and pro or a lifetime free upgrade.
Anyway, nothing to bitch about there are enough alternatives nowdays. I just wanted to mention why i can't add my impressions to certain synths anymore. :lol:
if you got use out of electraX (or any plugin for that matter), it was worth it. E2 is well worth the upgrade; it's now one of my fave 5 plugins (and the best tone2 plugin for me...).

fisherKing wrote:if you got use out of electraX (or any plugin for that matter), it was worth it.
Not really, i had it a few month then in early June Electra came up. Grace period only if you bought from May on. Still no bitching only the facts.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
fisherKing wrote:if you got use out of electraX (or any plugin for that matter), it was worth it.
Not really, i had it a few month then in early June Electra came up. Grace period only if you bought from May on. Still no bitching only the facts.
am sure it wasn't a conspiracy against you. sometimes life just works out like that...and you have to make a choice...which u made.

so all good, whatever works. :tu:

fisherKing wrote:am sure it wasn't a conspiracy against you. sometimes life just works out like that...and you have to make a choice...which u made.

so all good, whatever works. :tu:
Yep, nothing heartbreaking happend i'm fine here. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote: Maybe a few people (like myself) decided not to pay 79€ for an upgrade. I would ending with a total price of 228€ if i add also what i paid for ElectraX before. As for myself i can't justify this price policy anymore.
A fair point. No doubt Tone2 killed some of the buzz and goodwill around Electra2 with their upgrade pricing.

Return to “Instruments”