BassBot TT303. Anybody have and/or used?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the DS-1 was THE distortion pedal of choice back in the days... a bit noisy, but you will land straight away in very familiar territory. you've heard the 303/DS-1 combo on thousands of records. or the os-2... i prefer the MXR tho...an old mackie mixer with the channel gain overdriven is another classic 303 sound...

interesting page...
http://www.acidvoice.com/tb_303_best_di ... _pedal.htm
Last edited by Chopper on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Don't forget the MXR phaser ;)

Bit basic, but it sounds sweet as ...
... space is the place ...

rob_lee wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't think i'll open the box on this one mate i wouldn't know what i was doing tbh it's definitely a keeper at a fraction of the price of the original too, I'm happy with it, great explanation though i see you know your stuff.

Rob
actually i think i remember someone saying that he managed to access the said trimpot without opening the case, just by removing the MODE knob
can't find the exact place i read it (i think there was either a video or a picture) but you can see the trimpot here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-b59or_DBE
it's labeled "TM1" in the bassbot, and it's a bit to the right of the MODE selector
worth a try
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:
actually i think i remember someone saying that he managed to access the said trimpot without opening the case, just by removing the MODE knob
can't find the exact place i read it (i think there was either a video or a picture) but you can see the trimpot here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-b59or_DBE
it's labeled "TM1" in the bassbot, and it's a bit to the right of the MODE selector
worth a try
Interesting video there. Not sure I wanna try that myself just in case I drop a clanger. I'm just gonna play around with the unit itself cause its a whole lot of fun synced to the Elektron AR.. I'll switch it to the Octatrack later today.

antto wrote:there is a red light on the volume pot?! :shock:
about the other thing: seeing how long it takes for them to release a new FW version, where they also introduced mistakes thinking they fixed bugs (the gate length issue) - i'd advise you to nag them about the bugs and feature requests, perhaps together with the other bassbot owners, see if they'll even reply and what they'll say
I'll do that, thanks.
Not sure if the volume LED is changeable though. It may be a fixed red light... Worth a shot to ask though.
Seems like quite an obvious omission otherwise.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I ordered the MXR originally (for my x0xbox from zyxwilly), then sent back, managed to secure a TSX303 of ebay ... even better and customed for a 303...saying that. The MXR is a hella lot cheaper :P

MFXxx wrote:I ordered the MXR originally (for my x0xbox from zyxwilly), then sent back, managed to secure a TSX303 of ebay ... even better and customed for a 303...saying that. The MXR is a hella lot cheaper :P
That guys ad says the TSX is awesome with a TB but sucks with the TT which I just don't get :shrug:

Got that MXR ordered today from Andertons along with a TR-8 and another Bass Station 2. Wanna see how the MXR is on my TT-303, all coming tomorrow. Now I just wait for the Lexicons.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Got that MXR ordered today from Andertons along with a TR-8 and another Bass Station 2. Wanna see how the MXR is on my TT-303, all coming tomorrow. Now I just wait for the Lexicons.
:drool:

I am looking at a bass bot. How are the sounds low resonance? I'm gonna buy that or a boom star and get a distortion pedal.

@Mushy

Been trying out my new MXR distortion on the TT-303 and it's top notch. I also fed the Kick from the TR-8 through it and again top notch. This is cool for £69 i'm thinking about the little Phaser unit Andy mentioned and their delay unit. I really like the sound of the MXR though.

Rob

Ah it was this post above Mushy :D

rob_lee wrote:Ah it was this post above Mushy :D
Ah yes of course.
Silly me :oops:

rob_lee wrote:Ah I forgot about that post but yeah the MXR sounds great either on the TT-303 or on the Kick from my TR-8.. I'm thinking of investing more in these pedals once I try a few out in the local store to see what suits me better. I highly recommend that MXR though. Pretty cheap.
Just remembered what I was going to ask.

You've probably seen that YouTube clip of the TT into MXR.
People were banging on about how it sounded rubbish, and it came to light the TT was damaged.
Personally I thought it sounded alright :shrug:

Anyway, would love to hear something from you using these two...

Got to ask what made you guys go for the TT over the x0xb0x units (excluding MODE machinse)?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”