Roland System 1 Synth - what's your take?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lol plug out. good luck roland. you will need it. i honestly don't like roland products anymore korg seems to be the new roland.

Robmobius wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:*cough cough *ullshit cough cough* ...

excuse me, pardon me.
Cheers for your insight.
you asked. Glad to be of service.

I know some people who have already invested and are pushing it. So I try to stay out of it as much as possible because of them. Sometimes I just can't help myself though. It's a crock, and I can't believe people are buying in. You can't play the thing and it's not meant to be played. They key bed is useless. The hardware is cheap plastic crap and they paid a bunch of club promoter dj types to push it on the kids. It's ridiculous...you know what I could do with 600$ bones? You would be better off with a good vst and a good midi keyboard. All for the wonderful privilege of sequencing played out sounds from 1980's badly. That's my take. Go with KORG, they are a better company. I'm so over Roland. The only thing they do well is their DAC's. There are guys that love their Roland DAC boxes so much you will have to pry it out of their dead hands. Other than that...they are dead.

AstralExistence wrote:lol plug out. good luck roland. you will need it. i honestly don't like roland products anymore korg seems to be the new roland.
Korg mini looks sweet... Pretty affordable too.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Dasheesh wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:*cough cough *ullshit cough cough* ...

excuse me, pardon me.
Cheers for your insight.
you asked. Glad to be of service.

I know some people who have already invested and are pushing it. So I try to stay out of it as much as possible because of them. Sometimes I just can't help myself though. It's a crock, and I can't believe people are buying in. You can't play the thing and it's not meant to be played. They key bed is useless. The hardware is cheap plastic crap and they paid a bunch of club promoter dj types to push it on the kids. It's ridiculous...you know what I could do with 600$ bones? You would be better off with a good vst and a good midi keyboard. All for the wonderful privilege of sequencing played out sounds from 1980's badly. That's my take. Go with KORG, they are a better company. I'm so over Roland. The only thing they do well is their DAC's. There are guys that love their Roland DAC boxes so much you will have to pry it out of their dead hands. Other than that...they are dead.
Why not say that in the first place then? Instead of flanneling about and contributing nout'.

I'm a scientific kind of fellow tho'...I like proof. If it's shit, as you say. I can always send it back to Thomann. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I was trying to constrain myself but it became too difficult.

Dasheesh wrote:I was trying to constrain myself but it became too difficult.
Great... Well at least you got that off your chest.

But I still prefer facts. So if you've got one handy, I'd love to hear it Vs the soft synth you are taking about. I'm assuming you've used one right and tested it?

No I've seen the 808 box and the 303 thing in person. I didn't care. I watched the videos and and such of the system one... no velocity, barely a two octave, no key action, limited slots for presets, and I heard that it's a little more difficult to set up than you might expect. I've heard the demo's, sounds bright and digital to me. If you want one over some of the fantastic modern vst's out there, go for it.

Interesting comparison.

https://soundcloud.com/sweetfiltersweep ... r-plug-out

Pretty close, but presume the first one is the original. Which sounds fuller to me... Still acceptable imo.

Dasheesh wrote:No I've seen the 808 box and the 303 thing in person. I didn't care. I watched the videos and and such of the system one... no velocity, barely a two octave, no key action, limited slots for presets, and I heard that it's a little more difficult to set up than you might expect. I've heard the demo's, sounds bright and digital to me. If you want one over some of the fantastic modern vst's out there, go for it.
What are these magical vsts synths you speak of!? I've certainly never used, heard or even seen one. Please do recommend me a few.

Especially if they are modern and fantastic - Although, I might settle for an incredible one.

Here we go. I guess it depends on what you are doing with it. You mentioned you wanted to play the thing. If you are a player just go DIVA. Also put LuSH through a Roland DAC and it will sound just as good and you can do a lot more with it then the system. There are a couple of 101's out there. The TAL is supposed to be good. I just don't know what you are going to do with that system 1. Invest in a nice midi controller and plug it in and play the software options that give you more playability. That's the last I'm going to say.

No you know what the club personalities pushing this thing are playing...arturia :0. I don't even like arturia, but I'd take it over this. I gotta quit, I'm going to say what I really feel and it won't be a good thing.

Dasheesh wrote:No you know what the club personalities pushing this thing are playing...arturia :0. I don't even like arturia, but I'd take it over this. I gotta quit, I'm going to say what I really feel and it won't be a good thing.
Fair enough matey, it's only a bit of banter. :)

I have Lush, Diva and Both Tals. I also have Dune 2 (which is class). I love Diva and Lush (and Zebra). UNO LX is a fantastic emulation and so is their 101 (great prices too!!). But, it does'nt quite have the bottom end for either imo.

At the end of the day, I was looking for a new 'hands on' toy, and I like the idea of future releases too. I'll put up a few examples up after I've had a play with it. If it's crap as you say, I'll put my hands in the air, and say I made an impulsive buy and you were right.

Fair enough? :)

Robmobius wrote:If it's crap as you say, I'll put my hands in the air, and say I made an impulsive buy and you were right.

*cough* various :dog:

Robmobius wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:No you know what the club personalities pushing this thing are playing...arturia :0. I don't even like arturia, but I'd take it over this. I gotta quit, I'm going to say what I really feel and it won't be a good thing.
Fair enough matey, it's only a bit of banter. :)

I have Lush, Diva and Both Tals. I also have Dune 2 (which is class). I love Diva and Lush (and Zebra). UNO LX is a fantastic emulation and so is their 101 (great prices too!!). But, it does'nt quite have the bottom end for either imo.

At the end of the day, I was looking for a new 'hands on' toy, and I like the idea of future releases too. I'll put up a few examples up after I've had a play with it. If it's crap as you say, I'll put my hands in the air, and say I made an impulsive buy and you were right.

Seems like you bought it already... but for $600 I'd much rather have an actual analog synth... if you really want bottom end, the same price gets you a Minitaur. For a bit more, you could get a Pulse 2 and not too much more gets you a Sub Phatty...

AstralExistence wrote:
Robmobius wrote:If it's crap as you say, I'll put my hands in the air, and say I made an impulsive buy and you were right.

*cough* various :dog:
God might be able to help you out with that cough mate. :D

Return to “Instruments”