XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded from the last link.

I cannot get the dll to work with any of the tiny vst hosts I have (even VSTHost and SaviHost). Anyone here recommend a tiny host I could try? I've not been able to test on a DAW just yet.

Pytchblend wrote:I just downloaded from the last link.

I cannot get the dll to work with any of the tiny vst hosts I have (even VSTHost and SaviHost). Anyone here recommend a tiny host I could try? I've not been able to test on a DAW just yet.
Hello ,did you downloaded the last version of Patchwork Modular (Version Beta 0.18) ?

here is the download link:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1956fc9d

Savihost works fine to me,also works in my DAW (Fl studio)

Here is my savihost with patchwork modular :

My specs:
Savihost 32 bit (x86)
Windows 8.1

IMPORTANT !!
Don't forget to rename savihost.exe to Patchwork Modular System.dll
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

sergiofrias wrote:Hello Kirsty nice update,that was fast :)
Same issue here as Maomoondog...i'm using fl studio too.
Here is some issues on this (and past) beta(s):
-Noise module is horrible,sounds like crackling/fm (very irregular frequency response),i've tested the buffer options in fl studio ,they changed the sound ,but didn't worked (still the same crackling)
- the new module PHYSMOD it's a great addiction ,physical modulation opens up new possibilities in the sound pallete,but suffers from some crackling sound too.
-Effects module,Chorus suffers from same crackling issue ,especially at higher notes.
-(BUG)effects panel (black bar) when clicking for eg. chorus module actually removes or add modules from synthesizer.
-oscillator sounds a lot better aliasing is gone (thank you :D ) but,would it be possible to extend the frequency response it's very lofi,depending on some pitch notes there is not a lot of frequency information above 8 Khz/14 khz per octave,above 4Khz only one harmonic.
Thanks for this info and to anyone else who reports a problem. It really helps me out.
I think I have fixed most of the issues you mentioned.

Update v0.23
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ce7c3c9b

Kirsty :)

:tu: Good work on the noise fix Kirsty, all seems to be working very good, been playing / testing it for the past hour and got to say I am very impressed with it :)

Hi Kirsty.
Is this version of your synth still available ? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

[quote="sergiofrias"]
Hello, did you downloaded the last version of Patchwork Modular (Version Beta 0.18) ?
/quote]
Thanks for your reply :) I did try that build but I couldn't get it to work.

Yesterday, when the new build was released, I retested and can report that works great in VST Host and VSThost :love:

Now, here's another conundrum... I need to get it's internal sequencer working - any tips/pointers would be most useful :help:

@Kirsty - the documentation on your site is rather out of date now. I wonder if a public wiki would be good for this? Then we can all add tips and re-do the screenshots?

Pytchblend wrote: ... I need to get it's internal sequencer working - any tips/pointers would be most useful
Hello here is a small tutorial,this patch makes some blips and blops :D

...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Pytchblend wrote:
sergiofrias wrote: Hello, did you downloaded the last version of Patchwork Modular (Version Beta 0.18) ?
/quote]
Thanks for your reply :) I did try that build but I couldn't get it to work.

Yesterday, when the new build was released, I retested and can report that works great in VST Host and VSThost :love:

Now, here's another conundrum... I need to get it's internal sequencer working - any tips/pointers would be most useful :help:

@Kirsty - the documentation on your site is rather out of date now. I wonder if a public wiki would be good for this? Then we can all add tips and re-do the screenshots?
I hope you got it working from Sergio's lovely pictures.
The gate signals are mostly universal to every module so you can gate the sequencer from either
Clock, LFO, SYSTEM Gate, Noise (a bit whacky) or anything that sends out a zero crossing signal.
You can even gate the sequencer from an Oscillator at audio speed :o for some truly cool modulation
effects. Try it!

I don't know how to make a wiki, but if you want to do it I will happily join in

PS I'll upload the old patchwork version for you when I get chance.

kirsty roland wrote:
PS I'll upload the old patchwork version for you when I get chance.
I look forward to it :tu:

Hello Kirsty,thank you for the new oscillator fix ,(and other fixes) sounds much better now :)
v0.23 beta testing issues:
White noise needs to be fixed (very irregular frequency response) here is a comparison with general white noise:

Chorus Module (effects) suffers from noise modulation even with sine wave ,producing audible noise (most audible at higher pitches):

Hi Sergio

Thanks for those two bugs :hihi:
I know what I did wrong with the white noise so it should be an easy fix.
For the chorus I used some Lagrange interpolation code I found on the internet :roll: which must be a bit buggy so I'll rewrite the code using a different technique.

I'd like to polish up the gui some more and want to find a good program to let me batch render each of
the modules for a more professional look. Blender + Cycles perhaps, but I know very little about
working with this type of software.

I've added a new 24db filter to beef up the sound and am currently working on something really cool for the next release.

Kirsty

Hello Kirsty
can't wait for those bug fixes and the upcoming secret feature :)

As for the 3d modeling software ,i don't know if you tried other 3d modelers besides blender, If you're coming from Max/Maya be prepared for a steep learning curve ,i advice you to pick one you feel comfortable. I'm a 8 years user of blender 3d,a few years ago i tried Autodesk Maya and felt like a nightmare to me, but that is because i was so used to blender,that just wasn't so easy to adapt to other 3d modeler ,i would probably need a few more months to feel comfortable...also i felt the gui to be so much complex on maya to many controls (i'm a artist not a rat lab :D) so i went back to blender ,and i don't regret a thing.Blender has envolved so much year after year ,there was a huge change after version 2.50 ,then came Cycles wich is as fast as vray or other renderers in the market.today blender have all the major tools present in other 3D graphics and animation software,some of those tools are even better that the competetion(UV unwrap for example) and have some other features that other software misses,for example blender have a very good integrated sculpting and compositor ,and i absolutely advice you to follow youtube tutorials if you choose to use blender 3d,being a free software blender have atracted millions of users in the world (including myself) so there is A LOT of tutorials on youtube made by a very active community for all current features.

"Blender cookie" have a very professional youtube channel (and website) that you should check for the blender basics ,please check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvawDOWqC4

then check other youtube videos for the basics,also is good to take a look at the blender manual:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual

if you choose blender please ask me anything ,i can help you by making some video tutorials if you wish :) just PM me :)

Anymore news on uploading the older version as promised ?

Maomoondog wrote:Anymore news on uploading the older version as promised ?
Hi sorry it took me so long.
My Internet access is a bit 'iffy'. I usually poach the free WIFI from the bar over the road from
where I live. Providing it's turned on and it's not a Thursday 'Elvis tribute night' :roll:

Here's a link to the older discontinued version
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/64f95a24

Cheers Kirsty
"you ain't nothing but a hound dog... " :bang:

sergiofrias wrote:
if you choose blender please ask me anything ,i can help you by making some video tutorials if you wish :) just PM me :)
Hi Sergio

I'm still working on some DSP features but when I get to the GUI I'd like to take you up on your offer
to help me. I have been playing with Blender Ubuntu, and find it quite daunting, but I think it's the right
software to help me make a better GUI.

I've rewritten the white noise module and improved the chorus a bit.
Currently I am working on that 'cool' new feature I mentioned earlier.
I now have a wavetable oscillator (or as many as I can put on the synthesizer panel like any other module) as well as waveform/wavetable editing with real time audio/visual feedback.
Imagine many wavetables playing at once, each being modulated from any other part of the synthesizer...
Keyboard, Sequencer (wave sequencing) LFO, ADSR,S&H... in fact any other part of the synthesizer
that puts out a control signal. It sounds really cool.

Waveform editing...
Wavetable editing...
FFT analysis...
FFT Frequency morphing...

Comming soon...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”