IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Vocalpoint Studios wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't smooth and I'm sure support will help. That is what they are there for. I also apologize that mentioning working folks in response to the "half baked" terminology did not sit well with you. Noted.

(edited as it was disjointed)
Support got back to me - but the best they could do was instruct me to install ASIO4ALL onto our production DAWs - which is not going to happen.

I guess I have no choice but to wait it out for the ST3 maintenance release.

Cheers,

VP
Just an idea. I did read on the IK Multimedia forum:
Also, I found out that the SampleTank 3.settings file does not get created until you exit ST3 stand alone for the first time after making your settings changes. Hitting the "OK" button in ST3 in the Settings pane after making changes in the Audio / MIDI tab DOES NOT write out this file. It gets written WHEN YOU EXIT ST3!
Perhaps that will create it for you; then you can edit it
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:I found out that the SampleTank 3.settings file does not get created until you exit ST3 stand alone for the first time after making your settings changes. Hitting the "OK" button in ST3 in the Settings pane after making changes in the Audio / MIDI tab DOES NOT write out this file. It gets written WHEN YOU EXIT ST3! Perhaps that will create it for you; then you can edit it
Well - kinda hard to "exit standalone" when I cannot even get standalone to start in the first place....

VP

^^^^
Oops, I had forgotten that you had posted "Right now - if I click on the icon that was placed by Setup - I get nothing at all".

I'm out of ideas.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Oops, I had forgotten that you had posted "Right now - if I click on the icon that was placed by Setup - I get nothing at all". I'm out of ideas.
No worries. I will wait it out for a few days and see if this maintenance release helps out.

VP

Just out of curiosity Vocalpoint.....did you do a restart?

Maybe could be the prob, dunno.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I bought the box version and it should eventually be here, but in the meantime I wanted to thank all you BETA testers who have posted your experiences in this thread!
I'm am positive my adventure into STank3 will be enhanced by your hard work testing and testing.
Thanks again!

You forgot to mention grumbling, griping, name calling, crying, etc., etc.

You're welcome raintalk :tu:

Hope you enjoy.

:hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

What about ST2 license transfer? Although I upgraded to ST3 from ST2, I still can see the "download" and "license transfer" for ST2 in my personal "IKM products". It's not clear at all, let's say once transferred, the new owner wants to upgrade to ST3... Bad surprise if IKM would answer like: "sorry, but the original owner had already done it" or whatever?

mhog wrote:What about ST2 license transfer? Although I upgraded to ST3 from ST2, I still can see the "download" and "license transfer" for ST2 in my personal "IKM products". It's not clear at all, let's say once transferred, the new owner wants to upgrade to ST3... Bad surprise if IKM would answer like: "sorry, but the original owner had already done it" or whatever?
Good question. I'd be more concerned about authorizing the upgrade serial number with the version that was required to get that upgrade no longer present in an account than the next user's attempt at an upgrade. But I do believe both would be fine, it would be best to consult support who can look at your account directly if you are worried about any potential issues selling your SampleTank 2.x and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Many "adventures" were quite smooth apparently, including Benoni Studios (a content matter expert on Pro Tools with quite a few YouTube subscribers for good reason, apparently) who states that this was created after one day with SampleTank 3 and without having to look in the manual at all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQCrJ9ThU0

raintalk wrote:... in the meantime I wanted to thank all you BETA testers who have posted your experiences in this thread!
Ouch! :neutral:

But he is right. IKM should have done a public beta period in my opinion...

Vocalpoint Studios wrote:
DarkStar wrote:I found out that the SampleTank 3.settings file does not get created until you exit ST3 stand alone for the first time after making your settings changes. Hitting the "OK" button in ST3 in the Settings pane after making changes in the Audio / MIDI tab DOES NOT write out this file. It gets written WHEN YOU EXIT ST3! Perhaps that will create it for you; then you can edit it
Well - kinda hard to "exit standalone" when I cannot even get standalone to start in the first place....

VP
I manually created mine and now it works.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

paulbreeze wrote:But he is right. IKM should have done a public beta period in my opinion...
There are reasons Paul why no beta and demos were/are made available.

But no need to state the obvious right? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Obviously ... ;)

Return to “Instruments”