MIDI problem... Help Plz !

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

T-CM11 wrote:So... if a reboot didn't fix anything, maybe you could try this:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/ ... rt-problem
reboot did the trick!!!

f@#$ me

that was long, but you guys just saved me tons of time I'd spend on reinstalling the OS and everything

Really appreciate your help!!!

:party:

May sound odd, but are you sure your Midi cable and keyboard are OK? 8)

Oh, you found the solution while I was typing, sorry :D

Well, the good news is you don't have anything malfunctioning in Devices. No yellow flags in there.

Have you added any software, devices like hubs, hdds, etc. since this problem started?

Did you do like the others said and restart? Do this from a hard boot. Completely shut down and restart.

Before you restart, unplug everything you have plugged into the ports...direct and to the hub.

Then add just your Axiom and start Live. See if this solves the problem. In Live you have to have the devices on before starting. I don't think Live 8 picks them up if you turn them on after you start Live.

If this works, then you have your starting point. Add your other devices to the chain one at a time to find the one that causes your problem.

IHTH! cause I'm out of ideas.

Once you get back working, you need to kill a lot of those unnecessary processes to be able to run an efficient DAW. Do some IE searches for tweaks for studio production. Presonus Studio One has a great tut for this.

It's always best to run keyboards and controllers direct to USB port on computer. Hubs take all the bandwith to run from the port you are plugged into and split it among the devices plugged in it. So if you have 4 devices on the hub all 4 devices are trying to share bandwith and it ends up not being enough.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Woohhooo......Well, could have saved a lot of typing if I had known you are back up.

Hope you didn't take offense to the "novice" in a previous post.....but ....:hihi:

Restart should always be the FIRST thing you do! ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Woohhooo......Well, could have saved a lot of typing if I had known you are back up.

Hope you didn't take offense to the "novice" in a previous post.....but ....:hihi:

Restart should always be the FIRST thing you do! ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
thanks man,
well yeah it was the registry trick + restart that fixed it finally

dsan@mail.com wrote: It's always best to run keyboards and controllers direct to USB port on computer. Hubs take all the bandwith to run from the port you are plugged into and split it among the devices plugged in it. So if you have 4 devices on the hub all 4 devices are trying to share bandwith and it ends up not being enough.
I have 12 midi controllers/interfaces all connected to powered hubs... no issues whatsoever! Midi doesn't use that much bandwidth. Anyway the OP's problem is solved.

Hey! Glad I could help :)

Cheers!

T-CM11 wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote: It's always best to run keyboards and controllers direct to USB port on computer. Hubs take all the bandwith to run from the port you are plugged into and split it among the devices plugged in it. So if you have 4 devices on the hub all 4 devices are trying to share bandwith and it ends up not being enough.
I have 12 midi controllers/interfaces all connected to powered hubs... no issues whatsoever! Midi doesn't use that much bandwidth. Anyway the OP's problem is solved.
MIDI doesn't, you're right.

The key to your not having issues is the "powered" part of your hubs. A non powered hub just doesn't have the ooomph to run many devices that need more power than the hub can provide (actually the MOBO), as is, I believe, the situation in his set up.

Glad to hear the OP got it sorted too :tu:

Heading home now :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”