Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Waldorf just published a new Release Candidate 2 for the Waldorf Edition:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

This contains several fixes for e.g. aftertouch, GUI glitches, renaming patches in VST3 + AAX, loading fxb/fxp files to VST3/AAX by drag & drop from your file browser (e.g. Windows Explorer), a fix for licenses on OSX (does no longer have to be entered every time you opena plugin), etc.
Also problems with saving/loading patches in VST3/AAX format have been solved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the drag & drop feature you could load fxb/fxp files to the VST3 or AAX plugins by moving the files from e.g. the Windows Explorer to the GUI of the plugin. After that you could save the imported patches in e.g. VST3 or AAX specific formats. If you want to use the drag & drop feature yu have to start your host/DAW without administrator rights (you could add this back later if drag & drop is no longer needed).

I have alraedy done this for all presets and those are included in this ZIP file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %20AAX.zip

- fxb/fxp files should be in C:\ProgramData\Waldorf in Windows and at Library/Audio/Presets/Waldorf for OSX
- VST 3 Presets should be at: C:\users\your name\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf
- Pro Tools Presets (for AAX plugins) should be at: C:\users\your name\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings

For VST3 and AAX you have to save a patch to create a new folder that is recognized by the host.
This will add folders like e.g. "Attack", PPG Wave 2_V", "D-Pole" etc. at the locations mentioned above.

With the current updates Waldorf decided to not include a dedicated load/save feature directly inside the Waldorf Edition plugins.

One hint for everyone who wants to use his own patches in multiple formats is to first create them in the VST2 plugin and save the patches in the fxb/fxp format. This opens the opportunity to import the patches to VST3 and AAX by drag & drop (and saving in the corresponding formats then).

Best wishes,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi,

after publishing Release Candidate 2 for the Waldorf Edition (see last post above) we are currently fixing existing bugs for PPG Wave 3.V. After that remaining bugs for Largo will follow.

Concerning the new Release Candidate for Waldorf Edition i am interested if the drag & drop feature for fxb/fxp files works properly with VST3 and AAX in OSX. In Windows this seems to work properly so far.

Concerning PPG Wave 3.V a bug with aftertouch in VST3 (this happened with all plugins like Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition) seems to be solved and also a bug with patches that use samples in the AAX plugin.

Concerning aftertouch i had a false alarm when i tested in the demo version of Sonar X3. I first had to activate this in the preferences there. No idea why aftertouch was not activated by default there.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

For those who have not realized yet you could import Sysex files of the original PPG wave 2.x synths.

This includes the patches available here (at "Sounds for OS 8.0"):
http://www.virtual-music.at/webseiten_e ... pg.htm#8.0

If you copy the SYX files to the User library of PPG 3.V a double-click at the file will open access to up to 200 patches (with those above) with A/B versions.
Drawbacks are that you could only import one patch at once (e.g. by clicking n the desired loctaion in the PP 3.V bank and then double-click the desired patch in the SYX file) and that there are no proper patch names.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi Ingo, thank you so much for all your work!

I really love Waldorf products, software and hardware, because of their sound but most of them are buggy and now with your help there is a real chance to finally get them bug free after all the years.

Thanks again!

Sucht999 wrote:Hi Ingo, thank you so much for all your work!

I really love Waldorf products, software and hardware, because of their sound but most of them are buggy and now with your help there is a real chance to finally get them bug free after all the years.

Thanks again!
Hi, many thanks for you coment.

I could "just" collect and/or find bugs but they have to be solved by the develeoper which is not always simple. One of my main jobs is also to confirm bugs and find a proper procedure to replicate them.

Besides that there are only few things changed in comparison to the "old" version (e.g. changing knob heavior for Waldorf Edition to linear mode). With the old VST2 plugin the drag & drop feature was also not necessary as loading/saving sxb/fxp files was/is possible from the host.
The majority of bugs found now were introduced with the updates/conversion to 64-bit, VST3 and AAX and not included with the old 32-bit plugins.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I could give some examples about the "old" versions, but it's not my point.
My point is to say a big "thank you" to you, Ingo, and of course the Waldorf guys for addressing the issues.
I use Waldorf products in every song, so it's great to see some progress.

Sucht999 wrote:I could give some examples about the "old" versions, but it's not my point.
My point is to say a big "thank you" to you, Ingo, and of course the Waldorf guys for addressing the issues.
I use Waldorf products in every song, so it's great to see some progress.
Hi,
many thanks again. :)

Currently i am also working on some new patches (minimum of 32 or more if possible...) for PPG Wave 2.V and hope to either include them with the dactory banks or as an extra download at the Waldorf website.
I will also try to provide them as dedicated files for VST2, VST3 and AAX.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

There's something wrong with the Solaris DiZ patch when using Studio One Mac 2.6.2 64bit and the VST3 version. It produces a huge snap with a maxxed meters, kill Largo and mutes the bus it's sent to.

I reported this to Waldorf maybe a month ago, but they couldn't reproduce it, but I now figured it only happens with VST3 version. AU plays fine.

Another small, visual bug in AU version. I set the arp of Solaris DiZ patch to 1/16, it shows correct and plays correct (as correct as it can). Then hide/show the plugin and click on the Arp Clock setting, even tho it shows 1/16 correctly next to knob, the drop down menu has 1/4T marked.

This is such a game of roulette with Largo. One thing works with AU and the other with VST3..

Edit. Nope, it seems like the AU version doesn't work either, now the same patch (altho modifed) snapped and maxxed meters, muting the whole project. Yawn...
Last edited by raymondwave on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's a similar visual bug in D-pole VST3. The tempo synced speed times shown on screen don't match with what you choose. I chose 8 bars for the LFO speed from drop down menu, but when I release the mouse button, it says 7 bars on the "screen". Other values do this too, altho there are some values that actually match.

Edit. Now the drop down menu in D-pole doesn't respond anymore after hiding/showing plugin, I'm losing my mind over these Waldorf plugins. This with VST3 plugin. The drop downs start working again after reloading project.

Release candidate R3 for Largo online !
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Release candidate R3 for Largo online !
Indeed. This is the link:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

Not all repoprted bugs are solved but aftertouch should work properly now, also with VST3.

Hopefully also the installer for OSX is working properly now.

There is also a new RC2 for PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

Not all bugs solved yet. Aftertouch is working properly now, also with VST3. Also a problem with using patches that use samples in the AAX plugin are solved.

This is a download for new 64-bit VST2 + VST3 plugins for Waldorf Edition (only Windows):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 2_VST3.zip
Just overwrite the DLL and/or vst3 files.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for the info!

Where we can see a list of bugfixes for Largo RC3?
Core i7 3820 | P9X79 | 16Gb RAM | 120Gb SSD | 2Tb HDD | Focusrite Saffire Pro14 | Akai MPK88 | Korg nanoPAD2 | AKG K271 MKII | Event 20/20BAS V3
Presonus Studio One 2 | Propellerhead Reason 7 | Waldorf Largo | Arturia V-Collection | Waves Silver Bundle

Can anyone with Studio One (or some other daw) try out the 048 Solaris DiZ patch?

I worked with that patch yesterday for a good hour or so and today loaded up the project again and it peaks the track, bus and stereo out. The stereo out is muted and meters on red until I reload the project.

I also made another patch from Init, which seems to work ok, no peaks or so. Keeps playing ok.

I installed the RC3 this morning, but this has happened in all versions so far.

Anyone tried the visual bugs in drop down menus I wrote about earlier? Still there in RC3. (See attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raymondwave wrote: Anyone tried the visual bugs in drop down menus I wrote about earlier? Still there in RC3. (See attachment)
Hi,

i could confirm some strange issue with the tickmarks in the drop-down menu. It seems to be OK when i save a new patch with values i just selected.
Also the value displayed in the current dipslay (red text) seems to be the correct one, even in cases where the tickmark in the drop-down menu shows a different one.

What i just noticed is that the Clock knob seems to offer value beyond thos listed in the drop-down menu. The minimum amount when using the knob seems to be "1/64T".

UPDATE:
Just noticed that the value in the drop-down menu seems to go wromg when i close and re-open the GUI.
The actual speed does not seem to change so it indeed seems to be a GUI bug.
The red text in the main display for the speed/length still seems to represent the actual speed/note length.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”