Get some feedback and my music rated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get some feedback and my music rated. What is your opinion on this song? 
This song will have a singer singing.This music in 00:34/ 2:09/ 3:43 has a noise is an error in synthesizer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/strek-break/music-1

If you think it's going to be that easy to get feedback and listens/ratings/shares/etc, think again. Especially when you offer nothing in return, not even manners. I don't mean to be a jerk but there are very nice people here, who contribute a lot, and even their music can get overlooked most of the time because there is simply so much music to be listened to. Telling people to "get my music rated" probably isn't the best way to develop a fanbase.

I listened to the track, I can see where you're going with it, and again, I don't mean to be a jerk, but you have a long way to go. In reality, we all do, even though it's not very nice to think about it. The bar is very high these days.

The mix is very lacking in impact, the buildups and drops don't really "go off", it all feels very watered down and lacking in vision. The fact that it's just called "music" really seals that perception for me. I'm not saying this to be a jerk to someone on the internet, I've been there, done that, it got boring quickly. Hopefully you'll see that.

EDM isn't my thing, but there are a lot of tutorials around on mixing. I think you really, really need to look into that.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Got to agree with Sendy. I can see where you are trying to go.

I'm no where near as good as a lot of people out there and I also appreciate it is easy to get disheartened.

Lesson 1 = if you dont think it's ready - do not post it.
Lesson 2 - listen and review feedback of other artists posting similar music, you will learn alot.
Lesson 3 - 1st post on a forum...get to know the forum you are fishing in

Feedback = Theres some good elements, but very thinly layered. In other words very little impact and not enough to keep the listener enagaged.
Production is thin and there are elements where the driving force of the track is totally lost. Is it the beat or the music that's what YOU need to decide.

Keep at it...you might find that niece you can call your own!

Personal experience, if you dont think its right then it's probably wrong.

Check out IDMForums and have a browse. Search soundcloud, beatport, bandcamp, youtube and other sources for comparissons.

Best advice if you think a tracks ready...put it to bed and visit it in the morning or even a week later. You will realise what you need to learn.

The individual sounds are nice, as well as the piano motif, but I miss some flow, it couldn't make me dance...

What I miss most is a beat with some groove...

Sorry if I was rude, I'm from Brazil, so I wrote a straightforward way to make it easier to understand, since the translation is not so good, maybe looked like I was rude.

This song is not ready, will be a singer, I will send mix and master.
But before sending the song to the singer, I wanted an opinion on what could improve the song, this is first song that I'm creating.

I wanted opinion on the tune piano, synth lead melody, tempo, beat, you need to get good music? music is good to send the singer?

Not found in the forum somewhere "collaboration", then posted here. Sorry it which was a mistake. I need someone to collaborate with this production

As I said the song is not ready, why not have a name, but of course when it is ready will have a name.

Sendy, MFXxx, Tricky-Loops. Thanks for his views, I learned from them was helpful! Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you meet with very gooood singer you could pull it off.. is just kidding.

People who composes with computer usually use a lot of techniques you probably never heard about. Mind boggling!!

First, you need to choose *each note* a different sound. Every note sound same is not good at all.
Use equalizer and Automation functionality of your composing software to change sound of every note.
(https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=equal ... 3&ie=UTF-8)

Second, you need to also organize each of layers of your complete track. Some sound are hidden by other sound so it's not audible very much.

Of course if you spend huge money on mixing they will do it for you and make your track sound exactly as you wanted to be but doing above 2 things are really easy so you practice on it and do it and if you send that track to mixing they will now make it smooth for you.

Finally and third, where you are going is not good enough. What you probably had in mind was kinda indie-ish track but it sounds like you didn't know what you were doing.(sorry if too harsh)

You need to put a lot of time making one track it's not a pleasant experience at first glance but quite much rewarding. I think you put about 6 month on this track but if you are going to reach what you want you need at least 3 years on that one track. You don't need to put exact 3 years but think like you are putting away 3years of your life and it can be done in 3 weeks. Of course you will be exhausted after that work.

Composing is like doing a factory worker's work or farmer work. If you know what you are doing it is all about making it comfortable to listen what is hard and you composer are doing it so listeners may feel comfortable with it even though it is hard thing without composers work.

Hope my explanation is clear enough I also am not from english speaking community..

Strek wrote:Sorry if I was rude, I'm from Brazil, so I wrote a straightforward way to make it easier to understand, since the translation is not so good, maybe looked like I was rude. .
On reflection - apologies to you also.
Strek wrote: This song is not ready, will be a singer, I will send mix and master.
But before sending the song to the singer, I wanted an opinion on what could improve the song, this is first song that I'm creating.

I wanted opinion on the tune piano, synth lead melody, tempo, beat, you need to get good music? music is good to send the singer?

Not found in the forum somewhere "collaboration", then posted here. Sorry it which was a mistake. I need someone to collaborate with this production
Well I would say one track is probably not enough, as they say ... "buildit and hey will come".
Strek wrote: As I said the song is not ready, why not have a name, but of course when it is ready will have a name.

Sendy, MFXxx, Tricky-Loops. Thanks for his views, I learned from them was helpful! Sorry for any inconvenience.
You're welcome. Maybe include more details on what was used to create the track, if you have faith in your work why not seek a ghost writer or if your own lyrics, a session singer.

Personally I would keep working on your tracks and learn how you personally evolve with your music.

All the best

Return to “Music Cafe”