CakeWalk forum support? I can't login

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is not the correct forum but I'm stuck.

Monday CakeWalk forum went to a single user login for forum/store and there is a procedure for migrating forum user access.

I have followed every instruction I can find and nothing is working for me.

I tried to find a CakeWalk Forum Technical Support email and cannot find any way to contact CakeWalk about the forum - only product has support contacts.

I will call them tomorrow if I cannot find any way to contact them but I would rather send an email to them explaining what I am doing and see if they can resolve it.

any one have any ideas?

It's hard to know how to answer since we don't know what you've done.

What have you tried so far?

Maybe this will help you MachineClaw:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/How-to-contac ... 39291.aspx

Hope so.

I know you said only product has support and these look as though they may be product related; however, one does speak to Tech Support so hopefully then it's covered by them.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

All the tech support contacts are product specific and they don't address the forums.

I can login to the Cakewalk Store and see all my products and serials listed. user name and password work.

I was registered in the Cakewalk forums under MachineClaw. with the migration I have followed the migration instructions that were provided and get caught in a loop. password incorrect and there is no place to request the password nor to change the password.

so I created a machineclaw1 new user forum account and the user name and password work BUT it does not really appear that I am logged in to the forums. I have no posting abilities, PMs etc.

I have tried with MS IE 10, FireFox, Chrome. same results each time.

I will probably have to call CakeWalk during office hours and see if they can resolve it.

Just a thought - is this one of those forums that when you join you have to go to your email and click on the link to finalize registration?

Check SPAM too in case it doesn't show in the inbox.

HTH

I'm interested in resolution to this issue since I will have to go the new route there too and prefer it to be seamless. Not that anything Cakewalk related is seamless these days :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

once you migrate your cakewalk forum it does send an email confirmation activate link. so yes.

with the new user account I created I got the activation and got a message saying thanks your now registered and can log in. when I login, it appears to login - no errors, accepts user id and password, I cannot post to the forums at all - there are no buttons in the forum for "Post New Message". If I go into an existing thread to post a message there are no buttons. If I select a member by clicking on their name I get a page not found problem message.

In the upper top right it still says login - it does not have my user name.

My goal in creating a new user id was to post a message in the thread regarding single login migration to state that I could not. there are many people posting in the thread that had or are having issues.

I can read forum threads. the forum is open to reading to the public, but I cannot post.

not that I had a large post count or anything, or a custome avatar. I don't much care about that stuff. BUT - it's working for some, but not me with 3 different browsers and I can't seem to contact any one at cakewalk.

I will call tomorrow in the afternoon from work and see what they have to say.

The only other thing I can think of is to clear your cache - history/cookies.

Sometimes these are the culprit.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

You are not alone.

I followed the migration procedure as well... and I received the Email to activate the "migrated" account.
But... when I click on the link, I get an error message saying, "Something is wrong with the Internet. At least our little corner of it"
Thus, I'm stuck not being able to log into the forums.

I've sent two support requests to the web development team... two days ago... and haven't heard a thing.
Not even a confirmation of a support ticket. Nadda

I'm a longtime supporter of Cakewalk... but have to say this is pretty annoying.

Might need to create a new "dummy" account... so I can log-in and let the admins know the real account is hosed.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

dsan@mail.com wrote:The only other thing I can think of is to clear your cache - history/cookies.

Sometimes these are the culprit.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
No it's called web developers fuxing things instead of fixing. Long time accounts always get screwed thanks to web developers.

Jim Roseberry wrote:You are not alone.

I followed the migration procedure as well... and I received the Email to activate the "migrated" account.
But... when I click on the link, I get an error message saying, "Something is wrong with the Internet. At least our little corner of it"

I've sent two support requests to the web development team... two days ago... and haven't heard a thing.

I'm a longtime supporter of Cakewalk... but have to say this is pretty annoying.

Might need to create a new "dummy" account... so I can log-in and let the admins know the real account is hosed.
Maybe it's time for a change.

I hate making dummy accounts at the expense of dummy developers.

BTW post your bitching on their Facebook page. The more the merrier.

i had issues, like tried to log in using the forum login and cake login... then i noticed on the right of the screen a link that said something like "I'm already a member"... after that i got the email notice for confirmation... when i clicked on that in my email, everything was fine.

Edit: so i thought. I later tried to reply to a post and it didn't work. Kept getting kicked out of my login when doing anything, so I found my browser cookies and deleted them all... forum seems to work now.
Last edited by maarkr on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maarkr
HW: Casio PX-5S, Roland FA-06 , Epi Les Paul, Ovation, Yamaha e-drums, Ibanez bass
SW: Intel i7-8700, Win 11-64 Pro, Studio One Pro, Waves, IK Multi, Izotope, NI

Not sure if the OP got things worked out or not, but for future reference:

1) Many users of Chrome and Safari had to clear their cookies before they could log in.

2) When using the link from the activation email, make sure all of the link is included. The link ends with "==" and those ending "==" need to be included. If necessary, copy the complete link from the email and and paste it into your browser.

Got it all resolved.

I had to call the CakeWalk Technical Support.

There is no technical support for the cakewalk forums. I called and picked Sonar Pro individual support through the phone system.

tech support was very efficient, reset my password, deleted the conflicts and stayed on the phone with me until I was sure it was working.

Jim Roseberry wrote:You are not alone.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the headaches - I just manually approved your account.

For anybody else in the same boat (with the email link not working) you should be able to activate it by copying and pasting the link into your web browser rather than clicking it.

We fixed this issue earlier in the week so nobody should continue to run into it.

Thanks WJ!
I appreciate it.

Been on the Forums since the CompuServe days... so I was having withdrawals. :hihi:
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”