In praise of Cakewalk's PSYN II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GeorgeZ wrote:I thought about getting X3 Prod at the sale price (got X2 prod)... but the more and more I see plugins being "locked" to Sonar (versions included in Sonar), it totally puts me off CW. Yes, it comes with Sonar, but we're not dumb CW, stop being cretins and limiting the 3rd party pluggies :scared: Sorry, OT.
Hey George 8)

Just for curiosity's sake, I tried out using some plugins in Minihost that are with Sonar X3, as right now I don't have any other DAW installed besides Sonar. Some don't load in Minihost as they are DXI (including PSYN), but Session Drummer 3 works, also Drop Zone, Square I, z3ta+, the Studio Instruments, Strum Acoustic Session, and Cakewalk Sound Center. True Pianos has a message that pops up and says it "only works with Cakewalk", and won't run.
But back to the topic, PSYN II is a cool synth :)

Examigan wrote:Just for curiosity's sake, I tried out using some plugins in Minihost that are with Sonar X3, as right now I don't have any other DAW installed besides Sonar. Some don't load in Minihost as they are DXI (including PSYN), but Session Drummer 3 works, also Drop Zone, Square I, z3ta+, the Studio Instruments, Strum Acoustic Session, and Cakewalk Sound Center. True Pianos has a message that pops up and says it "only works with Cakewalk", and won't run.
Thanks for your research, that is useful to know :tu:

That is good news for those who haven't got z3ta+ from earlier, that it also will work outside Sonar :)

Square I can be downloaded for from Cakewalk separatly, so that is already covered. Dropzone is like a way cut down version of Dimension Pro, so I rather use that than Dropzone

As they are selling expansions for Cakewalk Sound Center, they have to make sure that works in other DAWs

I didn't get Studio Instruments to work in FL Studio ?

Chad@PA wrote:PSYN was developed by the one and only RGC. It's a powerful synth, in many ways a variation of z3ta+.
Maybe it's like the little brother of, or the LE version of z3ta+

Numanoid wrote:
Chad@PA wrote:PSYN was developed by the one and only RGC. It's a powerful synth, in many ways a variation of z3ta+.
Maybe it's like the little brother of, or the LE version of z3ta+
PSyn has a more darker and smoother sound compared to Z3ta.
It is very good for deep punchy lowend basses :)
One of the first bass sounds on bank F was very punchy and rumbled the room here :)

And yes Psyn II is awesome and i hope it will always stay in future versions of Sonar :)

Numanoid wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn't work outside of Sonar X3 Studio

And installing the Nomad plugs to the shared VST folder, and trying to load them in another DAW, only gives this default message:

"The plug-ins is only licensed to be used in the Cakewalk Sonar X3 and above.
Internal processing will be bypassed and audio will pass through"

:(
Rewire :)

Return to “Instruments”