FilterShaper 3 Tutorial

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, just as long as I'm not losing my mind :D

I'm enjoying it so far ;)

hibidy wrote:Ok, just as long as I'm not losing my mind :D

I'm enjoying it so far ;)
Definitely worth purchasing, if it floats your boat. I does have the added versatility of doing volume shaper type stuff too.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Now the only thing is I don't want to pay full price and then have some kinda sale or something.

Well, though the demo wasn't quite telling (because it doesn't save) I ended up getting it.

-easy to use (though I'm not sure I really understand it yet)
-sounds great
-flexible as heck
-get's the filtered sound I hear in my head quickly
-serial/parallel is terrific
-panning is nice and I can see uses for it
-I get lofi sounds quickly and easily (I feel I've really struggled with this over the years)

Only downside I can come up:

-I wish there was a draw tool
-I don't care for 99 out of 100 presets

So anyways, thanks for the thoughts, now on to get patches that actually save with the couple of projects I know what to do with :)

Awesome! FS remembered the saved settings :party:

Hey Jakob,

just wanna let you know that I love FS3. To be honest your stuff comes with the tightest LFOs I have ever worked with on a VST. So clean and surgical.

I read the whole FS Beta thread and I am really glad that you have kept the Sallen Key Distortion Knobs the way they are right now. Makes them way more versatile for me than having only one knob.

Can´t agree to some professional mag reviews that say your Filter lacks of some warmth. The classic one can beef up your kickdrums with the resonant HP trick really great and the mix options gives you an enormous control over the amount you wanna use. And the Sallen Key really sounds different compared to the classic one. In a good way. Just another timbre.

I wished the min freq would be lower than 50hZ as well but I totally understand your reason that if someone modulates the cutoff that freqs below 50hZ do more harm than help on high resonance settings especially for the inexperienced casual crowd.

But a "professional mode" or "disable saftey zone" would be cool. I really dig the sound of it and wish I could use it on lower freq content too.

Other than that: badass product. :)

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Return to “Effects”