Is it a must to use good sounds to make good music?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@xiujk71 - Check out Mr. Bills free Ableton Live tutorials on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... doEjjyuQgI

The quality is great, these will help you get up to speed with some of the production techniques used in modern dance music.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

xiujk71 wrote: I just found out about instrument racks in live lite, and found out with that rack, I can place multiple vsts n instruments in one track, and to each individual instruments, place vst effects, somewhat like how drum samples are placed in drum racks.
I guess for now i will have to start to learn how to layer, and hopefully able to make it within the limitation of live lite 9. I cant really buy anything now, so probably have to hold on the idea of buying a daw till i have the cash.

One question tho, is it advisable to layer all my parts like bass, leads and chords? Because I remembered reading that it is not good to layer everything.
That's why I think that the DAW is going to be an issue. It's not just as simple as layering every sound at the instrument level. More tracks just make it less hassle to add small parts here and there.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@xiujk71 - Check out Mr. Bills free Ableton Live tutorials on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... doEjjyuQgI

The quality is great, these will help you get up to speed with some of the production techniques used in modern dance music.

Peace,
Andy.
Thanks alot. I'll check it out in my free time. There are interesting stuffs there.

ghettosynth wrote:
xiujk71 wrote: I just found out about instrument racks in live lite, and found out with that rack, I can place multiple vsts n instruments in one track, and to each individual instruments, place vst effects, somewhat like how drum samples are placed in drum racks.
I guess for now i will have to start to learn how to layer, and hopefully able to make it within the limitation of live lite 9. I cant really buy anything now, so probably have to hold on the idea of buying a daw till i have the cash.

One question tho, is it advisable to layer all my parts like bass, leads and chords? Because I remembered reading that it is not good to layer everything.
That's why I think that the DAW is going to be an issue. It's not just as simple as layering every sound at the instrument level. More tracks just make it less hassle to add small parts here and there.
Well, I was thinking of, maybe a layered bass sound in one track, all my lead sounds in second track and my chords in another track. But doesnt looks to be that simple from what u said i guess.

To make good music you just need the "right" sound to your taste. There are so many great records using just some simple unaltered presets.

BTW Massive & Sylenth are not per se good sounding.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Production Techniques”