Key of my Kick : Nicky Romero Kick Drum Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the Kick plug-in, if you have it set to keytrack so you can play it up and down the keyboard at different notes, the easiest way to check the pitch of the kick is by playing it much higher than you are using it. A lot of analyzers can be difficult to really read down toward the lower frequencies. So if you want to find the pitch of the kick, play it 2 octaves higher than you plan on using it, and it should be clear as day.

This is how I have always done my kick samples using Melda Production's Analyzer, because it holds the peaks and shows not only the Hz but the musical note as well (most good analyzers will do this). Once you know what the sample is when it is played at +24 semitones (2 octaves), you can adjust it to be in key with ease when you drop it back down (so if it plays at D# when you hit C, you can use a MIDI plug-in to adjust all incoming notes -3 semitones so that C on the keyboard/piano roll plays a C in the sampler). Plenty of other ways to achieve this within samplers, I'm just saying that's how I do it.

Although I would like to point out that when you have it pitched higher, if it's a short kick, the click will have dominant frequency peaks. Using a plug-in like Kick, you should easily be able to make the click's frequency match the key of the sub, right?

I have a pressing question. .

What if im doing TRAP. And my root key is F.
I set my end keys on the nicky romero plugin to F.

Now when I play notes on the midi piano roll section, do I record on the "c" key, or do I go to "F" key again?

Thanks and please!

-Chris

Return to “Instruments”