One-Synth-Challenge #65: TAL BassLine (Results are in!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-BassLine TAL-BassLine-101

@mysticvibes: nobody's been DQ'd for distortion in the year I've been in OSC, and there have been both heavy and light uses of bitcrushers, including last month's #2 track. I say include it; that way, if the mods start clamping down on distortion uses, we'll both be DQ'd this month. ;) I used tube & amp sims pretty heavily. Goa kind of requires distortion, to the point that I almost wouldn't recognize a dry 101, which puts it well within the spirit of the rules IMHO :P

psmacmur wrote:... the spirit of the rules ...
Indeed, the rules end up being a bit fluid; I definitely think distortion on an SH-101 is somewhat expected. :)

I look forward to the day when all effects are allowed! :evil:

Here is my song for this month's contest. Hope you guys like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/sir_ken/basslife_101

Plugins Used:
22x TAL-Bassline
1x ReaEQ
1x ReaComp
6x MEqualizer
4x MCompressor
1x MStereoScope
1x MStereoExpander
3x TAL-Reverb III

Is it allowed to use sidechain in ReaComp for the contest?

vitalker wrote:Is it allowed to use sidechain in ReaComp for the contest?
Yep. To make sure you stay legit, I suggest you just send the output of something from a TAL bassline plugin to the sidechain input (e.g. don't use samples or something for triggering it).

z.prime wrote:
Yep. To make sure you stay legit, I suggest you just send the output of something from a TAL bassline plugin to the sidechain input (e.g. don't use samples or something for triggering it).
It is only necessary to send signal from channel with kick(tal-bassline) to bass(reacomp). I didn't understand your advice.

vitalker wrote:
z.prime wrote:
It is only necessary to send signal from channel with kick(tal-bassline) to bass(reacomp). I didn't understand your advice.
Sounds fine, then. :)

z.prime wrote: Sounds fine, then. :)
It's nice. Can I use automation in effects?

vitalker wrote:
z.prime wrote: Sounds fine, then. :)
It's nice. Can I use automation in effects?
Absolutely! Use as much automation as you want.

Been looking for an excuse to use this one... :clown:
AUTOMATE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

psmacmur wrote:Been looking for an excuse to use this one... :clown:
AUTOMATE.jpg
LOL, that's awesome! And true!

I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Got some decent sounds, but discovered half-way through the month that I hated what I had written, so I started over from scratch. Life just got too busy with putting in a lot of hours at work, four kids' birthdays this month, etc.

Good luck to all who are entering! The OSC crowd has boatloads of creativity, and I look forward to hearing everyone's tracks!

BK1 (TinCanTelephone)

2 days left :shock: :-o
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:2 days left :shock: :-o
Yep! Plenty of time to put a track together! :)

z.prime wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:2 days left :shock: :-o
Yep! Plenty of time to put a track together! :)
So where's yours then Z???? :hihi:

EDM? Pumping bass, banging kick and crashing percs? Or a slow subtle moody ambient?

Waiting ....

Cheers, db

Return to “Instruments”