IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

zvenx wrote:
blueman wrote:
For the sake of comparison, here is Kontakt's "Tenor" patch from the Factory Library
I really don't know that many professionals who use NI's factory sounds, by packages I meant third part packages.....
NI's Kontakt factory sounds have been in existence from lord knows when without much update.

rsp
Right, that's obvious; so what's your point here? I was just showing a comparison, for the sake of our discussion on the quality of stock samples :)

Arglebargle wrote:Pretty funny that IK is everywhere when it's time to hawk their latest sale, but when it comes to fixing their bug-riddled software, where dey at? :lol:
It's hilarious. Our support team is handling any requests they receive and there's a maintenance release on the way for issues they've fielded. I know, that's a side-splitter.

neverenoughfunk wrote:Peter, are the box version on schedule? i almost cant wait to test ST 3 out... another question... will the box version be a little more straight forward to install... i.e. just execute the app, point dll to the vst libraries and point sounds/patches to a folder?

:tu:
Sorry, I had to update this. Looks like the DVD installer will be more streamlined than I had originally heard: (edited previous post too) The DVD installer is a single installer that installs everything automatically to the proper place, including plug-ins, standalone and the sound library. You can select a specific destination for the library (34GB) and then everything is done automatically including the correct disk path selection in the ST3 prefs.

I will PM you too, neverenoughfunk, in case you don't see this.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Pretty funny that IK is everywhere when it's time to hawk their latest sale, but when it comes to fixing their bug-riddled software, where dey at? :lol:
It's hilarious. Our support team is handling any requests they receive and there's a maintenance release on the way for issues they've fielded. I know, that's a side-splitter.
i will admit that ik multimedia and staff are working their "butts" off... but i think the main problem here is how ST 3 was rolled out... the "stringing along" was not a good look... hopefully... in the future ik multimedia will handle their marketing in a different mannor... i.e. Steinberg's Groove Agent 4... no one knew about a update to version 4... but they announced it and will be available Aug 20... simple straight forward marketing... not all that extra "yeast"!!!!

is SampleTank 4 planned?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

neverenoughfunk wrote:Peter, are the box version on schedule? i almost cant wait to test ST 3 out... another question... will the box version be a little more straight forward to install... i.e. just execute the app, point dll to the vst libraries and point sounds/patches to a folder?

Sorry, I had to update this. Looks like the DVD installer will be more streamlined than I had originally heard: (edited previous post too) The DVD installer is a single installer that installs everything automatically to the proper place, including plug-ins, standalone and the sound library. You can select a specific destination for the library (34GB) and then everything is done automatically including the correct disk path selection in the ST3 prefs.

I will PM you too, neverenoughfunk, in case you don't see this.
beautiful!!!!

simplicity is the key to life...

Burillo wrote:is SampleTank 4 planned?
Screenshots are coming shortly. Stay tuned.

Can it be preordered right now ?

Sorry, couldn't resist... :hihi:

on a serious note, i haven't yet downloaded ST3, but seeing all the bug reports and maintenance release upcoming i think i'll wait another week or two :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

paulbreeze wrote:Can it be preordered right now ?

Sorry, couldn't resist... :hihi:
We'll send a press release August 32nd, 20somethingish.

Does this include the issue with Core Audio? Got an ETA?

Thanks.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
Does this include the issue with Core Audio? Got an ETA?

Thanks.
There are many fixes that are rolled in, I see one that looks related but please verify with support as they'd have more current info. I don't have an ETA but it should be soon, they're working hard to get these fixes out ASAP.

Hi Anybody compared Halion Sonic 2 to ST3 sound quality wise?

:?:
Do we have a date on when the demo download will be available yet Peter?

BBFG# wrote::?:
Do we have a date on when the demo download will be available yet Peter?
No hard date but it should come very quickly after the first maintenance release.

Return to “Instruments”