Auto-Automation Trick (Fl Studio)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing groundbreaking or anything but figured I'd share this technique that I've been using fairly often as of late figure it'd be useful for others

Simple automation trick for triggering automation for a bar or less

Place a Peak Controller on a drum hit, mute the track

Link the Peak Controller to a knob on a filter, effect, or synth knob/fader that you wanna trigger and place the muted hit wherever you want it to kick in

If you wanna trigger something and have it fade out gradually use a sample with a longer decay, & if you want to trigger something to fade in just reverse a sample with a long decay

Obviously you'll have to tweak the peak controller to get the result you desire but it's much easier than recording or manually drawing in simple automation especially if you're triggering the same effect multiple times in a track

EDIT: I didn't realize this was FL studio specific at first, their probably is a way to do it in other DAW's but I imagine it would be a bit more complicated
Last edited by drunken jesus on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

What peak controller? :shrug: If you mean the Fruity Peak Controller in FL Studio you should tell us that's what you mean and include FL Studio in the subject, if you mean some other peak controller in some other DAW tell us which one and include the name of the DAW in the subject if this is only valid info for one specific DAW.

Ghost notes for automation, cool.

V-GER wrote:What peak controller? :shrug: If you mean the Fruity Peak Controller in FL Studio you should tell us that's what you mean and include FL Studio in the subject, if you mean some other peak controller in some other DAW tell us which one and include the name of the DAW in the subject if this is only valid info for one specific DAW.
My bad, yeah this was directed at Fl Studio mainly I just figured every DAW had a form of a peak controller for sidechaining purposes, searched for "peak controller" and threads about fl studio were the only ones that came up so I guess every DAW doesn't have one their's probably a way to do something similar in other DAW's though

But anyway this is a cool way to easily trigger a filter or throw reverb or delay on a specific drum hit before a break etc.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

I've never heard of "peak controllers" in REAPER...

Tricky-Loops wrote:I've never heard of "peak controllers" in REAPER...
It has parameter modulation. If you take an audio source for it I think it's basically the same (function wise) as FL's peak controller.

Return to “Production Techniques”