Sennheiser does Fast Food (well not really, but you knew that)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:That makes sense now :) They cost 250 euros in Germany, that is about 200 pounds or 335 dollars.
That's them then. Lots of money... Worth it long run, just a mega hit up front :(
I just mentioned it because these days one can order stuff from within the EU without any customs etc. So it might be cheaper to have them sent from Germany to Britain, if you live there. Might also be cheaper when there is a problem and you need service...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:That makes sense now :) They cost 250 euros in Germany, that is about 200 pounds or 335 dollars.
That's them then. Lots of money... Worth it long run, just a mega hit up front :(
I just mentioned it because these days one can order stuff from within the EU without any customs etc. So it might be cheaper to have them sent from Germany to Britain, if you live there. Might also be cheaper when there is a problem and you need service...
Valid points, and one's I've already considered.

I was hoping, perhaps foolishly, I'd get them for half the UK/Euro prices.
For the sake of £50 I think you're right.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Even though I do have that budget I never come anywhere near to spending it. I'm the cheapest business traveller ever. Give me the choice between some mega Michelin star restaurant or the In-and-out Burger I've seen on movies/TV I almost always choose the latter.
In that case, check out Five Guys for burgers - In and Out Burger is west coast only. Looks like there's one a couple of blocks from Boston Common. Five Guys is the east coast equivalent of In and Out.

Irish pubs are a good place to get some real basic food too - lots of shepherds pie, bangers and mash, beef stew, etc.

Haven't lived near there for a long time, so can't really give you any specific recommendations. Boston is small enough to walk around for a bit though and see what there is, so you'll get a chance to check places out.

robojam wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Even though I do have that budget I never come anywhere near to spending it. I'm the cheapest business traveller ever. Give me the choice between some mega Michelin star restaurant or the In-and-out Burger I've seen on movies/TV I almost always choose the latter.
In that case, check out Five Guys for burgers - In and Out Burger is west coast only. Looks like there's one a couple of blocks from Boston Common. Five Guys is the east coast equivalent of In and Out.

Irish pubs are a good place to get some real basic food too - lots of shepherds pie, bangers and mash, beef stew, etc.

Haven't lived near there for a long time, so can't really give you any specific recommendations. Boston is small enough to walk around for a bit though and see what there is, so you'll get a chance to check places out.
Five Guys is in the UK now if you didn't know, and expanding rapidly... Delicious too.
I still haven't been to In-and-Out. Still looking forward to being 'The Dude' :D

Also, still have never been to a Taco Bell. I know it's absolute rubbish, but it is something I'd like to try just the once.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Also, still have never been to a Taco Bell. I know it's absolute rubbish, but it is something I'd like to try just the once.
Just make sure that you're within easy walking distance of a toilet if you do... :hihi:

Smashburger and Red Robin are also both good choices for burgers (and in Red Robin's case, drinking).

foosnark wrote:Smashburger and Red Robin are also both good choices for burgers (and in Red Robin's case, drinking).
Noted. Thanks 8)

We have both In N Out and 5 Guys. I think 5 Guys is better.
Screw Taco Hell - look for a Del Taco....

robojam wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Also, still have never been to a Taco Bell. I know it's absolute rubbish, but it is something I'd like to try just the once.
Just make sure that you're within easy walking distance of a toilet if you do... :hihi:
No!!!!! For your's and your loved ones sake don't do it!!! The eruptions afterwards are not to be trifled with!!! :shock: :cry:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

osiris wrote:Screw Taco Hell - look for a Del Taco....
I had a friend originally from California who was excited about finding a Del Taco in St. Louis. I never understood why. I thought it was even more bland and disappointing than Taco Bell.

Any random hole-in-the-wall taqueria is better than either of them, though, except in rural backwaters where everybody is white and they barely know the difference between Mexican and Chinese food...

robojam wrote:
But as a fellow Brit by birth, got to tell you that you should be giving decent tips to whoever waits your table. There's essentially no minimum wage for waiting staff and they survive off tips. 15% is normal, and you should go to 20% if they did a good job.
For some reason I thought that you were in SF, where this isn't true, the minimum wage part that is. Moreover, in many cities 15% is considered a fine tip for good service. I suppose if the companies footing the bill, why would you care?

foosnark wrote:
I had a friend originally from California who was excited about finding a Del Taco in St. Louis. I never understood why. I thought it was even more bland and disappointing than Taco Bell.

Any random hole-in-the-wall taqueria is better than either of them, though, except in rural backwaters where everybody is white and they barely know the difference between Mexican and Chinese food...
I don't disagree but man I'm just not into authentic mexican at all. Give me something of a midwestern mexican fusion any day of the week. I like tacos with ribeye, not those poor excuse for meats that you get at a taqueria.

Yes, in fact, I do buy ribeye, grill it to rare, then let it rest, slice into strips, give it a quick (seconds to a minute) stir fry with some cilantro, seasoning, lime juice, etc etc, and serve with some fresh salsa and cheese in a soft tortilla. That's my idea of a great taco.

foosnark wrote:

Oh mate don't get me wrong, I'm expecting rubbish. No doubt about it.
It's just something a tourist must do :oops:

Mushy Mushy wrote:
foosnark wrote:

Oh mate don't get me wrong, I'm expecting rubbish. No doubt about it.
It's just something a tourist must do :oops:
Yeah, it's not even good rubbish. I don't even get the appeal on any level, and to be clear, I like rubbish food from time to time. Just FYI, the doritos brand taco shells don't really taste like doritos and something about the process makes the texture all wrong.

What they need to elevate that shit to proper American ghetto food status is a deep fryer.

You can't get any decent Mexican food north of the Texas border. (Maybe California) I've tried....

But I wholeheartedly endorse Yelp and TripAdvisor,,,,
(though you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. Some are nitpicky and whiny)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”