Studio One 2.6 loses Kontakt multi-out Instruments Assignments when Switching Songs

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else is running into an issue where when switching between songs, they lose their Kontakt instrument out assignments. If I have a song open with Kontakt and multi instrument out assignments, and switch to another song, when I switch back to the first song all my instrument outs are reset.

Here is an example of what is happening (and how I am able to recreate the issue)

I create a Song. We'll call it Song 1. Kontakt is setup with the outs routed to 1-16 (mono). I create 16 instrument tracks. Each instrument track is routed to its corresponding audio out and midi channel ( rack 1 assigned to Channel 1 and Kontkat kt mo. 1 , Track 2 assigned to Channel 2 and Kontakt Out kt mo.2, etc)

I then close Studio One.

I create a second identical song from scratch (only difference is random midi notes recorded between the two projects). We'll call this Song 2. Everything is routed the same as Song 1.

I then close Studio One again.

I reopen Studio One for the third time. I load Song 1, verify all the out assignments are correct. I load Song 2, verify all the out assignments are correct. I then go to the View Menu, select Songs, selected Song 1 (View -> Songs -> Song 1). This switches the current song in the edit window back to Song 1. When I click on each track, click the Inspector (F4 key), and then look at the Audio assignment, they are all changed to Kontakt kt mo. 1.

Has anyone else experienced this or is able to replicate this? I'm able to replicate the issue, but I can't figure out what would be causing it.

It's somehow related to using Studio One to switch between multiple Songs. Somehow the Audio Out assignments get corrupted when I switch between Songs. If I only work on one Song at a time, and close Studio One down, this issue doesn't happen.

Note that this behavior isn't isolated Kontakt. It happens to me with Omnisphere too.

Moral of the story for me. Don't open multi Songs at the same time in Studio one. And if you do and you switch between, don't save. If you save, it will overwrite your Audio Out assignments for your instrument tracks to the default (Kt mo. 1 for Kontakt).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”