Can a mastering remove top Frequencies?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!..

Lately on my last two tracks ive experienced a problem!..

Ive tryed to Master myself ( dont Got much experience In mastering ).. And i sounds decent In my headset and my studio monitors (yamaha HS7)..

BUT!.. The moment i play it In my car it sounds a bit messy!.. Like theres a filter on.. I cant hear the top frequencies clearly?..

My question is!.. Can the mastering cause This because its to loud or something?

Im using FL..

Om my Master Channel i Got

Maximizer
Sausage fattener (only used fatness - no color)

And SPAN as visualizer..

My older tracks i DIDNT Master!.. Basicly just mixed em up to -0.1 dB.. Sounds Way more clear on the top frequencies in my car!..

Ive also recently upgraded to the new version of fruity loops.. But guess This havnt anything to do with it!..

Please help :)..

Mickey

If you do nothing but compression / saturation, you must end up with terrible distortion and aliasing, possibly also lose perspective on higher frequencies.
Sausage Fattener is not a magic tool for mastering, unfortunatelly many people don't realize that.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There's a reason professional mastering engineers use full range, flat monitoring in treated rooms, and have the experience of working there every day on many different styles of music. ;)

All sorts of weird things can happen if you're not able to accurately hear what it is you're doing, especially when people start over-processing during the mastering phase. Generally I recommend people try and start mastering their own material a little more simply, you can get more creative if need be once you have a better handle on the right tools to use, and more importantly how to use them.

Maybe this will help you:

http://innerportalstudio.com/articles/Mastering.pdf

Return to “Production Techniques”