VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

DarkStar wrote:
UliH wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
UliH wrote:Does anybody have an error message when loading a SampleMoog Multi. Import and playing of SampleMoog sounds works fine, same seems to be for the Multi import. When I want to load a SampleMoog Multi I get the error message:
Part1 loading issuses
Legacy instrument not available
Part2 loading issuses
Legacy instrument not available

Some Multis are available.
Thanks for any help
Which Multi / Combi is it?
Does it load OK in SampleMoog (plug-in or standalone)?
Which instruments does it contain?
Are they in the SampleMoog library and the Imported library?
There is no problem in SampleMoog vst 32 bit. I just tried it in Cubase 7.5.2 64 bit.
The error message in ST3 I get when loading e.g. Bass-> Another One, no problem with As Bass (1. and 2. Bass preset)
Another One is listed in the Imported ST3 Presets List in Windows file explorer and ST3 Multi.
OK, "Another One" (the Multi / Combi, is listed but are its 3 individual instruments listed in the ST3 browser?

It could be worth checking how many SampleMoog instruments there are in the ST3 sub-folder and how many instruments and presets there are in the SampleMoog library.
Thank you very much for your help, when I have some time I will look into that and give a feedback.

basslinemaster wrote:
zvenx wrote:Finally got a chance to download and install.
Good news, for me it was easy download and install.
The bad news? Everything else.

Even if we didn't have to wait for yearsss for this, how are these sounds not horrible in today's market?

Maybe ten years ago I would have been excited and somewhat impressed that software could now sound a bit like the workstations of that day.
in 2014.....sorry, these are horrible and terribly disappointing.
There is no reason to get this over Halion or Halion Sonic unless you worked for IK Multimedia and was installing it on the work computer.

Am I the only one, way less than impressed?

p.s. I haven't read the manual yet just gone thru sounds... but I must have missed even the ability to transpose parts.

rsp
I feel sorry for all the people who bought it. A handful of demoes beforehand, so not much to go on, no preset list until the last day of the pre-order (!), endless problems importing old ST banks, ridiculous installation process, loads of problems which shouldn't even exist, had the developers given two hoots about their users. And still almost nobody here saying the sounds are fantastic and well worth paying for! And it took an astounding ten years to produce this!
I just noticed someone is already selling ST3 in the marketplace!
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

D Midas wrote:Where is the harp!?!?
In Miroslav.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The CPU can be reduced by turning off Reverb and Ambience effects, the same as in Kontakt etc.

use host send reverbs.

2 things:

1) As I mentioned before, ST3 keeps de-initializing Core Audio. It happens randomly whenever I change something, either an effect, or moving from page to page. IKM, please note this issue. It is my only serious beef with the program.

2) For the guy who mentioned a while back (couldn't find the post) about how to re-set their combis, what I have done is just load one of my old ones, delete the instruments, and save as 'EMPTY COMBI.' Simple. I can keep whatever FX I want on it (usually just on the Master out), and have a clean slate with which to start. Kinda like setting up a template in a DAW.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Submitted ticket.

1 minor niggle other than I currently can't use stand alone ... it rescans the library after every import. I have like 12 or so of those to do ... Obviously it won't matter after that, but geez.
I've reported this directly to the Product Manager. The only existing workaround is to arrange your libraries in subfolders, and then just do one giant import and I know that's not optimal.
Just thinking out loud: how about doing the above, then reorganising the libraries out of the sub-folders then doing another scan?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Rajah wrote: Well, I do have Halion5 and Halion Sonic 2... Tell me, when was the last time there was a library released for H5 and HS2? I love those instruments dearly.... but, they seem like abandon-ware..
for the record... hypersonic 1 and sampletank came out about the same time... over that period of time... there has been hypersonic 2, halion sonic 1 and halion sonic 2...

therefore... not sure what you are talking about!!!

:tu:

basslinemaster wrote: I feel sorry for all the people who bought it. A handful of demoes beforehand, so not much to go on, no preset list until the last day of the pre-order (!), endless problems importing old ST banks, ridiculous installation process, loads of problems which shouldn't even exist, had the developers given two hoots about their users. And still almost nobody here saying the sounds are fantastic and well worth paying for! And it took an astounding ten years to produce this!
at first i thought you were only "bitching"... but a lot of your thoughts were/are on point... i have not received my copy of ST 3 yet (waiting for the box version)... but it appears like ST 3 is a lot of "hype"!!!

i cant wait to see first hand...

:tu:

Here are 16 Multis for Sampletank 3 using only the included content...no extra libraries were used. Some may take a bit to load but hopefully they'll be worth the wait.............. :D

Teksonik Multis 01

Hope you enjoy them and find some useful. More to follow if there is any interest........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

basslinemaster
zvenx wrote:Finally got a chance to download and install.
Good news, for me it was easy download and install.
The bad news? Everything else.

Even if we didn't have to wait for yearsss for this, how are these sounds not horrible in today's market?

Maybe ten years ago I would have been excited and somewhat impressed that software could now sound a bit like the workstations of that day.
in 2014.....sorry, these are horrible and terribly disappointing.
There is no reason to get this over Halion or Halion Sonic unless you worked for IK Multimedia and was installing it on the work computer.

Am I the only one, way less than impressed?

p.s. I haven't read the manual yet just gone thru sounds... but I must have missed even the ability to transpose parts.

rsp
I feel sorry for all the people who bought it. A handful of demoes beforehand, so not much to go on, no preset list until the last day of the pre-order (!), endless problems importing old ST banks, ridiculous installation process, loads of problems which shouldn't even exist, had the developers given two hoots about their users. And still almost nobody here saying the sounds are fantastic and well worth paying for! And it took an astounding ten years to produce this!
So basslinemaster, you regret buying ST3 then?

Teksonik wrote:Here are 16 Multis for Sampletank 3 using only the included content...no extra libraries were used. Some may take a bit to load but hopefully they'll be worth the wait.............. :D

Teksonik Multis 01

Hope you enjoy them and find some useful. More to follow if there is any interest........ :)
Looks like you getting some fun out of ST3 Teksonic :tu:

Can't dl your gift at this time but will when I get back to me 'puter.

Thanks! ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

samsam wrote:.....So basslinemaster, you regret buying ST3 then?
If that demo I asked about a few weeks back had been available, I would have passed on the upgrade.

I think they knew a lot would have passed and that's why it did not/has not arrived.

IMO the only thing ST3 brings to my table is x64 compatibility.

The sounds [so far] are mediocre to bad. Although I will say the MIDI patterns when played sound fairly decent.

I haven't run across a WOW moment sound yet - not to say I won't but some other VST's I have bought had that WOW moment immediately.

Do I regret purchasing ST3? No. At least now I have the opportunity to use it a modern system.

Would I buy it again? No. But only because of what I now know.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:
samsam wrote:.....So basslinemaster, you regret buying ST3 then?
I haven't run across a WOW moment sound yet - not to say I won't but some other VST's I have bought had that WOW moment immediately.
I did have a WOW moment with ST3, but, unfortunately, it was for a vocal chorus patch in Sonik Synth 2.
I'd forgotten what great stuff was in there.

The 2nd WOW moment I had was for the Ambient-Dub beat loops in the ST2.5 legacy content.

The 3rd WOW moment I had was during the load time for the grand piano patch. I finally just got up to make a sandwich, and then I thought, "Wow, this is a good sandwich."

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

-Martin Luther King Jr.

samsam wrote:So basslinemaster, you regret buying ST3 then?
Luckily, I wasn't falling for the hype and didn't buy it. I see the one for sale on the forum is going for only $89...

And so it begins... (Sampletank 3's resale value plummeting towards zero, in the grand tradition of Sampletank 2's resale value...)

Ten years to produce this.

Return to “Instruments”