Breaktweaker, Spark or what?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drumatic 3

Hi there,

I am searching for a great drumplugin that gives me the ability to design my own drumsounds for dance, electro, RnB and Pop. For acoustical music I have Superior Drummer, but what is your choice for the genres I have mentioned.

I have a two year old Steller Audio Workstation and already own Cubase and NI Komplete. I must admit I am not the biggest fan of Battery, so maybe something else can do the job a bit more intuitive!?

All best,

Andreas

You've got Reaktor. Aint there about a hundred and twenty three million drum machines in the Reaktor User Library?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

lovtscho wrote:I am searching for a great drumplugin that gives me the ability to design my own drumsounds for dance, electro, RnB and Pop. For acoustical music I have Superior Drummer, but what is your choice for the genres I have mentioned.
When you say "design", I understand that as you want to tweak your own patches.

The new Drumatic 4 drum synthesizer may be worth a look:

http://www.drumatic.info/

NI Maschine has awesome drum synths, easy to dial in nice sounds for any genre really and it has good built in effects for further tweaking, or use your existing VST effects inside Maschine if you want. It plays samples and other VST instruments as well. Super flexible. I use it mostly as a VST plugin and trigger the sounds via MIDI from my DAW like I used to do with Battery. It is expensive though and can only be bought with hardware. If you just want a drum synth demo Drumatic as already suggested, cheap and sounds great.

Drumatic and microtonic are great, Rob papen's Punch is excellent for a little bit more. I haven't picked up Spark yet, but I probably will, the spark 2 software looks like a fantastic deal with the sparkle controller.

Thanks for all the answers.

I also have Maschine 1 on my machine. Maybe I should retry to download version 2. It did not work in the past.

I only used Maschine as a standalone tool in the past. I dunno how well it integrates inside of Cubase 7.5 Maybe I should give it a try.

But Spark and Breaktweaker still look good to me...

my 'all-round' fav. at the moment is Geist.
there are so many plugs available now, i guess it depends on which one you feel more productive in. Geist is the one for me right now. however it is not the only one, being a software whore i can't help my software addiction). i like spark a lot, it sounds great and has a built in rex player which is very cool. it's a bit more of a fiddly route than geist, but the results are worth doing some learning.
On a lot of occasions i use Poise, great for single hits and one shots without taxing CPU and it does loop slicing on import, again great feature.
i have also used reason for many years and it is particularly good for drum programming. some of the bespoke samples are amazing quality, particularly if you are looking for drums with a 'live' feel...
honorable mentions: SliceX and yes, reaktor has squillions of interesting ensembles worth investigating.
as of yet, i have not tried beat tweaker. Would be interested in opinions about it.
i use glitch2 for that kind of thing. or just plain old fashioned cutting up wavs : )

If you want to create your own drum sounds Microtonic is amazing. Check out the reviews and the demo. They have a fully functional 3 week demo, and time only counts if you actually use it.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Instruments”