Is there a way to resample Ableton Live?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I want is a simple way to re-sample (i.e. record) selected track's output.

I tried routing the output to another audio track and recording a clip, and that works. Except it is a bit cumbersome to select which input track I want to sample. Unfortunately send tracks cannot record, or it would be a bit easier.

:phones:

Create an audio track and set its input to resampling. Then solo the tracks you want to record. Record a clip on the new audio track.. Voila! This method just resamples whatever is coming out of the master output, including the sends.

sazb30 wrote:Create an audio track and set its input to resampling. Then solo the tracks you want to record. Record a clip on the new audio track.. Voila! This method just resamples whatever is coming out of the master output, including the sends.
Wow. I totally skipped past this. Thanks!

I tried selecting 'master' as the input, and that too works, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but I'm a happy camper. :D

This might be asking too much but if I may - Is there a way to launch the clip without launching the whole arrangement? i.e. I want to launch the clips without the entire song playing.

First you need to stop all clips (underneath the scenes on the master track), then you can just click the individual clip and it will play according to its clip launch settings / quantisation etc. Once you have that particular clip set to play, clicking the global play and stop buttons will do the same job. Each track has stop buttons so that you can set up your session so that only the clips you want are playing, and then use the global play / stop buttons to play back that configured session.

I'm not sure I've explained that very clearly... !

sazb30 wrote:First you need to stop all clips (underneath the scenes on the master track), then you can just click the individual clip and it will play according to its clip launch settings / quantisation etc. Once you have that particular clip set to play, clicking the global play and stop buttons will do the same job. Each track has stop buttons so that you can set up your session so that only the clips you want are playing, and then use the global play / stop buttons to play back that configured session.

I'm not sure I've explained that very clearly... !
Right but I don't want the arrangement to start playing if I play a clip. In other words, can each clip have its own transport controls independent of the arrangement?

For now I'm disabling arrangement and continuing my work on session and flipping to arrangement when needed. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it so far. The various clip modes are well done, and mapping is easy. M4L has some cool tricks.

Still, coming from Reaper I'm missing basic scrollwheel zooming, arm/solo shortcuts, fixed snapping resolution, bounce-in-place, etc- things I took for granted in Reaper.

Right now my project won't open due to a crash and I've submitted the logs. Let's see how good the support is. :scared:

One way of doing it that I like (if it's a single track you want to resample and not a lot of stuff with sends etc.) is to just freeze the track, copy whatever clip or arrangement section you want the audio of to an audio track, and then unfreeze it again. Doing that, you don't need to play anything or mess around with solo etc.
kiloHearts Developer

Dentoid wrote:One way of doing it that I like (if it's a single track you want to resample and not a lot of stuff with sends etc.) is to just freeze the track, copy whatever clip or arrangement section you want the audio of to an audio track, and then unfreeze it again. Doing that, you don't need to play anything or mess around with solo etc.
yeah I do that as a workaround for bounce-in-place - Ctrl+drag a frozen clip into an audio track to render it on the fly.

But for resampling I'm just mostly noodling around and I hear a sound I like and I haven't hit the record button, its easy to just hit the record button in the resampling track.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”