Waves License Center v9.3.0.14 H4 for Windows licensing problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Currently, I do all of my audio and music production on Windows 8.1 64-bit. Recently, I downloaded and installed the Waves Plugins v9R19 package; I had previously installed my Waves plugins with the Waves Plugins v9R18 package. A new Waves License Center application (v9.3.0.14 H4) is included as part of the new v9R19 upgrade. Installing it caused my laptop to be recognized as a "Connected Device" with a new, different ID. Unfortunately, all of my Waves plugin licenses were attached to a "Disconnected Device", which was my laptop with its previous ID. When this "identity theft" happens, you cannot not transfer these assigned licenses to "My License Cloud". This may not happen to everyone, but if it happens to you, then read on...

Obviously this snafu can be avoid completely by moving your Waves licenses to "My License Cloud" before upgrading to Waves Plugins v9R19. In the event you did not move your licenses to "My License Cloud" before upgrading the Waves License Center application, do not panic -- all is not lost. You can still uninstall the Waves License Center application (v9.3.0.14 H4) and then re-install Waves License Center application (v9.2.20.4 H4). If you do not have the old Waves Plugins v9R18 package, you can download it from the "Waves Plugins v9R18 package" link above. Once you have downgraded to the Waves License Center application (v9.2.20.4 H4), your laptop will be re-recognized with its previous ID.
[EDIT: Alternatively, download the attached wlc_92204.zip file, extract it to the Waves/Applications folder, and then run the extracted wlc_92204.exe file to run the older version of the Waves License Center.]

Now you can transfer all of your Waves licenses to "My License Cloud". If you did perform the downgrade installation (instead of running the attached EXE for the older Waves License Center), remember to uninstall the older Waves License Center application (v9.2.20.4 H4), and then re-install the newer Waves License Center application (v9.3.0.14 H4).

Running the newer Waves License Center application (v9.3.0.14 H4), you then just need to transfer all of your Waves licenses from "My License Cloud" back to your laptop with its new ID.

After following these instructions (as appropriate), your licenses should be all set... for now... until the next version of Waves License Center FUBARs everything again. If for some reason this procedure does not help you, you may have to follow the one-time-per-year "Recover Licenses" procedure -- which in my humble opinion is a poor way to implement license protection; Waves Audio should just only need to invalidate the connected device previously linked to the licenses.
wlc_92204.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

What a mess!

I cannot get 9r19 to do anything. Every DL has been corrupt. Support ticket added. This is the first time I've ever had any real problems with waves offline installer. 9r18 is flawless.

hibidy wrote:What a mess!

I cannot get 9r19 to do anything. Every DL has been corrupt. Support ticket added. This is the first time I've ever had any real problems with waves offline installer. 9r18 is flawless.
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the latest offline installer. I did not run into any problems installing anything, but then I only needed to install the License Center, and the single native plug-ins for Element, Renaissance Bass, UltraPitch, Vitamin, and Tune.

Good luck with your support ticket with Waves Audio. I filed a bug report with the IK Multimedia Support Team with regards to importing SampleTank 2 instruments into SampleTank 3.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Effects”