Solved: Need to Reset Blacklist (Studio One 2.6.++ Ignores Crashed Plugins on Startup)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had IL Autogun and Alchemy crash on starting S1.

Each time I start S1, it ignores the previously crashed plugins..."ignoring x and y since they crashed before..."

How do I tell S1 not to ignore them??
Last edited by Musical Gym on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,
S1 is "blacklisting" crashed plugins to keep system going safely.

Just open-> S1 -> settings -> path for folders -> vst ... and push button "reset blacklist" and restart.
You may have to repeat when blacklistet again.

Musical Gym wrote:I had IL Autogun and Alchemy crash on starting S1.

Each time I start S1, it ignores the previously crashed plugins..."ignoring x and y since they crashed before..."

Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

While we're on the subject, S1 has terrible crash handling. I wish it would ask me if I want to reload my last tune like Ableton, instead I have to search for the autosave, rename the autosave file and then open it that way.

Omkar wrote:Hi,
S1 is "blacklisting" crashed plugins to keep system going safely.

Just open-> S1 -> settings -> path for folders -> vst ... and push button "reset blacklist" and restart.
You may have to repeat when blacklistet again.

Musical Gym wrote:I had IL Autogun and Alchemy crash on starting S1.

Thanks much Omkar, works now.

ausgeno wrote:While we're on the subject, S1 has terrible crash handling. I wish it would ask me if I want to reload my last tune like Ableton, instead I have to search for the autosave, rename the autosave file and then open it that way.
Well, to be fair, when I use that in live, it loads a generic set and skips many of the plugs. But I do know what you mean. I try to save frequently as though S1 RARELY crashes, I like to have my stuff saved (even though I usually forget to rename it and then have no clue WHICH to reopen :oops: )

That's true, it's a seriously stable DAW.

If anything crashes my hosts its a plugin, usually one of Image Lines
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I could be misunderstanding the initial complaint about crash handling. I've had S1 crash a couple/few times.
When I reopen, I pick the first one on the list and it tells me I have a newer version (the one that crashed) and asks if I want to load that one. Seems good to me.

If I've saved the track manually at some stage then that process usually works, but if I spend 30 minutes trying to catch a vibe without saving and it crashes then I have to go and dig the autosave file out and rename it.

It only ever seems to crash when I'm making my Virus TI work really hard for some reason.

ausgeno wrote:If I've saved the track manually at some stage then that process usually works, but if I spend 30 minutes trying to catch a vibe without saving and it crashes then I have to go and dig the autosave file out and rename it.

It only ever seems to crash when I'm making my Virus TI work really hard for some reason.
I haven't been using S1 as long as other DAWs, but there must be an auto-save parameter you can set to a few minutes or less (unless you don't want to be creating a bunch of copies). It should just automatically re-save the same file you're working on so you don't have to search for it.

Musical Gym wrote:I haven't been using S1 as long as other DAWs, but there must be an auto-save parameter you can set to a few minutes or less (unless you don't want to be creating a bunch of copies). It should just automatically re-save the same file you're working on so you don't have to search for it.
It does. The last 10 auto-saves are automatically saved as "Versions". He can just go into the version list and open them directly, without digging for anything. That feature was added almost a year ago.

It's puzzling how so many people don't really take the time to learn the software they own, and complain about things. I saw a guy a couple days ago complaining that he had to hit the D button "100 times" to duplicate, because he never bothered to read the manual.

I just had a look for a version list in my S1 and I have to say that puzzling is definitely the right word, I can't find what you're talking about. Time to google I guess. :P

Edit: Ok I checked the manual and can't find mention of versions list, I can find a few mentions of it on google but I can't see it in my DAW, all I have is Recent Files, Songs and Projects. Can you tell me where I should be looking?

The previous versions list is located in your song's History folder:

At the S1 start screen click on Open an existing Document.
That should take you to StudioOneUserData folder.
Open the Songs folder.
Your newest song should have a folder. Sort by date modified if the folder is not at the top.
Open your song folder.
Your song should be in that folder.
For previous versions, open the History folder.

There could be an easier way than this, but I'm still a newbie to S1.

Thx MG, I've looked there before though and if I haven't yet named or saved the song the only file in there is an auto save file. I'll check again when I get home with some fresh eyes and let you know how it goes. It'll be awesome if I don't have to rename the autosave file anymore.

You should always name your song first thing. Then all your auto saves will have that name plus the date and a number.
I even have one in my history folder labled Before Autosave.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”