Best Studio Monitors For 400$?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

I'm looking for the best Studio Monitors for around 400$(For both monitors).

I intend to plug them to my audio interface so I'm in need of active ones right?

I deal with a wide range of genres so I don't have a very specific request. I do jazz/rock/electronic etc. recording mostly MIDI from a digital piano and also guitars/vox from time to time.

What would you suggest? a friend of mine suggested the Yamaha HS5 but I'm open for anything else.

Thx, ZBBZ.
Sonar X2, Native Instruments Komplete, VSTs...
Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox
Mics: Shure SM57 & KSM27
Casio CD-120 Digital Piano

PIONEER SDJ05 Studio Monitor
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I would suggest the yamahas too. I have the hs8s, they are very good for the price, a little bit fatiguing but they translate mixes quite well.
Presonus eiris are in that price range too, but I have no experience with them.
The new focal alphas seem interesting, a little bit more expensive but they are promising, if I was looking for low budget I would wait reviews or listen to them as soon they hit the market.

Take a look to eve audio too, they are more expensive, but many people are liking them a lot. Their smaller monitors sc204 and sc205 are not very expensive, later on you can add sub. My next monitor purchase is going to be the sc207s, can't wait!

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2

You might want to consider these, and save a sh*tload of money. :tu:

A bit more and you have Equator D5 which are sublime.

EvilDragon wrote:A bit more and you have Equator D5 which are sublime.
Actually the D5s are on special for $399 usd or with the 'kit' for $429 usd. See here:

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5-Monitors ... p/d5-c.htm.

I love my D5s! :tu:
Peace...
bluzkat

Thanks for the replies guys.

My friend is currently traveling in Barcelona and he has a chance of grabbing a Yamaha pair(he couldn't find a JBL or Equator over there). the price there is much lower than the price where we live.

So should he get the
Yamaha HS7 for 177Euros each
or
Yamaha HS5 for 155Euros each

They we'll be used in his bedroom. I understand that the 5s lacks in low range. would the 7s have enough? or maybe too much for a room that's not that big? would it be muddy?

Thx for the help !
CPU: i5 3470
RAM: 2X4GB DDR 3 1600
Hard Drives: WD 1TB Black, 500GB Green, 160GB
Sonar X2, Native Instruments Komplete, VSTs...
Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox
Mics: Shure SM57 & KSM27
Casio CD-120 Digital Piano

Half-question and half-advice here, but what are everyone's thoughts on the KRK Rokit 5's? I got a pair last year and they sound great to me, but I'm not very experienced in such matters.
Using: Alchemy, Synth Squad, Arp 2600v, DSI Mopho desktop, PC

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”