IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

SJ_Digriz wrote:Manually creating a settings file with the correct asio driver added got my stand alone working. Thanks for the tip RLSguitar. I didn't even have one.
You're very welcome, glad it worked for you!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

RLSguitar wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Manually creating a settings file with the correct asio driver added got my stand alone working. Thanks for the tip RLSguitar. I didn't even have one.
You're very welcome, glad it worked for you!
My DAW computer doesn't have an internal sound card. No direct sound. Only the lynx asio driver for an Aurora. Based on supports suggestions it seems the initial startup must look for a "local" default direct sound configuration. Or something along those lines.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:My DAW computer doesn't have an internal sound card. No direct sound. Only the lynx asio driver for an Aurora. Based on supports suggestions it seems the initial startup must look for a "local" default direct sound configuration. Or something along those lines.
I use an external Roland OCTA-CAPTURE as my main audio device. Have you tried editing or creating the "SampleTank 3.settings" file manually with a text editor?
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Question for Peter:

Enjoying the update but having some trouble locating the "velocity curve" instrument edit parameter (e.g. Normal, Comp1, Comp2, Exp1, Exp2); can't seem to find where you've placed it on the new GUI. Appreciate your assistance (or anyone else in the thread who can help).

Thanks!

RE: "velocity curve"...will this help fix some of the instruments being too soft (quiet)? I noticed several of the Sample Tank 2 pianos and sonik synth 2 instruments being very quiet :?

Surprised that there is no possibility numeric input parameters (effects, volume, pan, etc.) - this is often just have to do. Will added the opportunity to new update the program?

BTW has anyone successfully imported the "stip" files (aka "child" presets) from the legacy libraries (Sonik Synth 2 etc)? All of my existing "powered by SampleTank" libraries converted quite easily with the exception of those files/presets/patches.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
FrankT wrote:Downloading the ST3 sounds now. Where does one actually set the path to the library ?
You can choose the destination when you run the installer or you can just move it all once it is done then point ST3 to the new location.
Thanks! What is the procedure with legacy instruments? I hope I dont have to install the old 32-bit apps to migrate the sounds ?!

Edit: just saw that e.g. ST2 instruments are in zip8. Nonetheless I saw remarks about 'migrating' legacy instruments. What is the bg of this?

just a heads up that the jam points are now in my account. thanks for that, peter. now i have to rethink my decision about not upgrading :scared:

Good stuff...liking what i played with.

My only gripe: some fx suck cpu like hell. They're obviously good fx, but i can predict i'll run into trouble if i just layer them to my liking.
Please work on this if possible. My lappy isn't hi end but i bought it this year. I'd like to atleast be able to run one instance with all bells and whistles. A workstation has to be workable on a mid range setup...maybe offer some eco options for the fx.
Workability over ultra hi fidelity. In my book. Best if you have the option for both.

Anybody else with Vista x64 out there? Does the legacy import work?

Sadly not for me and IKMs support is not too helpful... :(

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and keep getting "boost::filesystem::remove" every time I try to import Sonic Synth 2 or Miroslav. Sampletank 3 sounds are all installed and work fine. I've re-installed, moved the files, renamed them - tried everything and it's driving me mad. Have submitted a ticket. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by music247 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

More trouble - in Cubase 7.5.20 in rack mode does not work volume control and panning. It is provided and the manufacturer? Function only helps learn. But it is very inconvenient.
Last edited by Dmitry Petrenko on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

For the most part, my testing of ST3 has been with the standalone. Last night I put it through its paces within Logic X, and whenever I'd change a parameter, like FX, it would un-initialize Core Audio, requiring me to re-initialize it. This happened, more often than not. Uh-oh.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

While I wait for IK Tech support to respond, I'm curious:

Is ST3 exploding for anyone else in Cubase 7.52 (Win7 64-bit)?

Stand alone never worked, but plugin did for a short while - until I tried to load "Cello detache 1" - which generated an error message. Several other sounds played fine.

Now Cubase crashes completely when I load ST3 and stand alone is still not working.
Last edited by MickGael on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Instruments”