New YES album 2014

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Going For The One" is nothing less than a sublime experience.

Everything on that album is a delight.

+1

I also love how it's mixed with the subtle motion in the reverb, etc.
dea-man wrote:"Going For The One" is nothing less than a sublime experience.

Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I also think they experimented with new rhythm structures, etc. so they continued to push the envelope of what Rush music was/is.

I knew someone who worked on their tour crew. I think the person who sold me one of my keyboards also worked with them on tour. I have great respect for how they handle their tours. They seem to be very family oriented and don't drive themselves (or their crew) into the ground on these tours and they always leave space for time off to go back home for a bit. At least those are the stories I've heard.

Whatever the case... Rush live is a great experience, imo. I missed them the last time they came around, so I hope to be able to catch them next time! :party:

robojam wrote:
fedexnman wrote:No more Rush albums either please . Just go on tour no new album needed ... Oh and no more KISS either .
Rush at least made some OK albums into the 90s.

Kiss didn't even make it out of the 70s before their albums got shit...

I like Fly From Here as well!

Relayer is also a good one! Pretty much all of those albums from the 70's were seminal for me. Even Tormato has some good moments, imo.

Well, I think it's great that we have so many Yes fans around here! You guys feel like family. :hug:

mellotronaut wrote:2011's Fly From Here was quite good with a lot of dynamic and tempo changes and good songwriting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tapx0WlouJM

my favourites are

Close To The Edge
Relayer
Going For The One

Sequent wrote:I like Fly From Here as well!

Relayer is also a good one! Pretty much all of those albums from the 70's were seminal for me. Even Tormato has some good moments, imo.

Well, I think it's great that we have so many Yes fans around here! You guys feel like family. :hug:

mellotronaut wrote:2011's Fly From Here was quite good with a lot of dynamic and tempo changes and good songwriting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tapx0WlouJM

my favourites are

Close To The Edge
Relayer
Going For The One
I wish I'd been alive when Relayer came out. Some amazing things in that album.

dea-man wrote:"Going For The One" is nothing less than a sublime experience.

I think that and The Yes Album are my favourites, maybe the only Yes albums I *really* like, all the others have parts where I tend to drift away and lose the plot. Maybe too 'jazz' for me. :)

Re: Rush, I think they did some very good songs well into the noughties. Though I failed completely to find a way into the last one (Clockwork Angels) I think I've made it maybe four or five songs in at best, just hit this wall of music/noise. Maybe the mastering, maybe the lack of hooks...

Counterparts has some good songs.

i liked tormato... it was my only Yes album and i would listen to it quite a bit.

my favorite Yes song is the title track from 'going for the one'. it seems this song grows in legendary stature with each new listen. there's a heckuva lot of really koo Yes bits out there so obviously, ymmv.

steve howe is probably definitely.. probably really.. one of the top 5 or 10 all-time 'rock guitarists'. to paraphrase a really huge fan -- and fellow musician -- i once met, 'howe has a really unique approach'. the fan went on to elaborate, saying something like, 'howe was on stage with several other big-name guitarists, and they were jamming on a-G-F-G; a pretty much standard rock progression; and trading solos, one by one. well, all of the other players were roughly similar, then howe's turn came up and he was totally different.'

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”