IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Indeed. Not that you can use them while you are rebuilding the database, I still have to ask how people are getting on with the new sounds? We're focusing on a lot of import questions right now but the new library is quite good and I hope people are kicking the tires there too (and please share your thoughts if you are). Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Indeed. Not that you can use them while you are rebuilding the database, I still have to ask how people are getting on with the new sounds? We're focusing on a lot of import questions right now but the new library is quite good and I hope people are kicking the tires there too (and please share your thoughts if you are). Thanks!
I had assumed the round robin feature would apply to more than just a handful of instruments. Maybe I am confusing it a bit with other manufacturers' 'True Legato,' but I would've thought this technique would be equally applicable to a flute or any other orchestral instrument.

There is much there that I won't use. The drums are the prime example, and I have a very good piano VI. The basses are nice, and it is possible I may use some of them after laying down a bass with an actual bass guitar. I am a fairly proficient guitar player (with a nice collection of acoustic and electric gits), so unless I want a specific type of guitar-like effect, I doubt I'll be using those, either.I haven't had a chance to go through the entire library, so we will see what we will see.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

ST3 - both plugin and standalone - crashes when importing http://www.esoundz.com/sounds/studiopho ... /4770.html
I couldn't pinpoint yet if it's a specific file that causes the crash. I've import only parts but it always crashes.

I've reported that library as having issues, so we shall see if there's anything the folks here find out too.

As far as new sounds go, specifically basses - definitely good to run through the included bass amp but I like running bass samples (frequently with ST2 basses) through the Ampeg gear in AmpliTube. Also experiment with the non-amp FX, even if there is already a compressor or other effect already there change it up (or load T-RackS after and go wild if you have models in there that are not among those included with SampleTank 3). Even strictly inside SampleTank 3 you have a ton of options but you also may have a lot more outside of that - especially if you have the Ampeg models and enjoy messing with basses. Also, the Orange and the 360 bass amps are awesome in my obviously biased opinion. The Ampeg models have been around long before I was with IK so I can be less biased professing my love for those.

So, for roughly $100 for many there's a lot to experiment with here. Hope you are all enjoying it.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
BERFAB wrote:So you have to run each of the installers for each of the eight sound folders?

I've already run a couple of them, but I still don't see any sounds in Sampletank3. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

This is quite embarrassing that I have to ask. I'm far from a newbie, but I just can't seem to get going here.

Thanks
-B

It appears you have to rebuild the indexes for each zip file after installing, before the contents shows up in the browser window. (the little "redo" style arrow under the browser.)
Bless you, sir.

Perhaps IK could prominently locate this somewhere in their literature or on the interface itself. Literally hours of my life that I won't get back.

Thank you again.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I like the ethnic stuff. Lots of useable things there for me!
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

The new UI is great !
Fast, clean and intuitive, scroll wheel working, etc.
One of the smallest 'settings' pages, I've seen !
Very nice first impression.

Suggestion :
shift+scrollwheel for fine adjustments.

Only used some strings, so far. Sounded very good.

Had the same import issues as already mentioned.

All in all, a big step forward.

Jan

Thank you Bombadil for the shoutout for the Ethnic category. _dada_ thanks for the kind words and suggestion [edit - and thanks to BERFAB for your suggestion] too.

For those that were interested in the bonus JamPoints that were discussed, you should now definitely see them in your account. If there is an issue, though, please let me know. I've PM'd topaz but if anybody else has an issue let me know.

Mine are there, thank you Peter! :tu:

Now, how quick can you build a new Miroslav for me to spend them on? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Sample Tank 3 Standalone has a problem with Lynx ASIO drivers.
Says no ASIO driver exists...

I've got an AES16e-50 connected to an X32 digital console.
ASIO driver works fine in all other major audio applications including standalone apps.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Just want to let you know that it works perfect here so far under Cubase 7.5 64 bit (latest release) under Win 7 with 5 parts playing different instruments!
Gonna be looking at how to get the midi patterns to play, and how to get those instrument bitmap images to show as well (although I´ll prolly turn it off again to save ressources, but maybe it somehow inspires.)

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Jim Roseberry wrote:Sample Tank 3 Standalone has a problem with Lynx ASIO drivers.

ASIO driver works fine in all other major audio applications including standalone apps.
You have an expensive card but sharing ASIO drivers are supported? (maybe your ASIO is just used in another application as you opened Standalone).
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

dsan@mail.com wrote:Mine are there, thank you Peter! :tu:

Now, how quick can you build a new Miroslav for me to spend them on? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You and me both on that one. I've got my more expressive articulation-savvy update to tide me over but I'd love to see that happen too.

Jim Roseberry wrote:Sample Tank 3 Standalone has a problem with Lynx ASIO drivers.

Interesting. I've seen some somewhat similar (at least at a glance) issues being bandied about. I asked support and they'd like to have tickets open for this similar issues so they can work with you directly. I'd appreciate it too, and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Pads are nice. I have to admit to a weakness for nice synth pads. Makes me feel all new-agey and one with the Macroverse.
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Instruments”