0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote:
Hink wrote:when you reach the top there is only one direction to go :P

Across?
:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Hink wrote:when you reach the top there is only one direction to go :P

Across?
Around :P

chk071 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I do use cubase primarily and I believe cubase has more users
178 to 140 says otherwise... :hihi:
Err... this is a poll on an internet audio forum. It is not at all representative for what people are really using. I never saw Hans Zimmer or any other famous music producer posting here either, so... More of a sign of popularity of Reaper among KVR forum posters, or rather people who read this thread... nothing else. And we all know by now that Reaper folks like to participate in polls. :clown:
I don't think there are too many multi-millionaire composers. :P

Seriously... I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Reaper users than Cubase users period. The non-commercial license for Reaper users is absurdly cheap. It is portable and fast. No dongle. If one wants to go over to someones house and do some recording, one can bring a usb drive with Reaper and install it and be up and running in like 5 minutes. Reaper is cpu efficient and stable...

oh, and it is now 192 - 141 :D

pdxindy wrote:oh, and it is now 192 - 141 :D
Thank you, demented fanbois!

Reaper; because, Justin embedded some sort of nano-tech worm in my eye and now he's controlling me.

OctaMed

I went through about a 6 month period of comparing DAW's and Reaper wasn't even a consideration. I thought that it was one of those goofy little apps that home studio "experts" chose because it was cheap and thus thought that it was a stripped down toy.

Boy was I wrong. I've since uninstalled every other DAW that I owned or had demos of and went with Reaper 100%. StudioOne was a serious contender, but the poor MCU support was too much to overcome for me and after digging into Reaper and buying some of the training videos I'm at the point of being dangerous. What I appreciate is that if I can imagine it I can probably do it. And it works with all of my hardware....flawlessly. I had ProTools with an Eleven Rack that I used to own and I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough. It wasn't like it crashed constantly, but the idea of having to upgrade and pay extra to be able to use hardware that I already owned is ridiculous and it was just bloated feeling. Not to mention that it had no VST support at the time (still may not, I'm not sure). Plus I've had to deal with AVID for almost 20 years now on the video side and that relationship is broken at this point. At one time they were the leaders in nonlinear environments, but that time has passed and they are still clinging onto a dated business model. They haven't developed anything in years, but have moved to buying other's ideas and rebranding it and in many cases breaking it.

Long story short I love the fact that Reaper is what it is and they are confident enough that you only pay if you decide to use it....no crippled features or time limits and stuff. You'll end up paying for it based on it's merit.

And like I said before I had thought for years that it was a substandard joke of an application. I mean who could seriously think that a $60-300 DAW could compete with "real" companies?

farlukar wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Trust the demented fanboi to do just that.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Does anyone use n-Track studio? I see it occasionally in the news section, but never see it being talking about, nor is it on the list. Strange, it has been around for a decade and is still being developed, but more or less ignored...

farlukar wrote:
gotta love em... :hihi:

Reaper is pulling away from the pack now...

198 - 142

What the hell happened to my post?

Anyways, like I said, something is "up" with this. It's hard to believe my cheerleading yielded such fabulous results so quickly :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Does anyone use n-Track studio? I see it occasionally in the news section, but never see it being talking about, nor is it on the list. Strange, it has been around for a decade and is still being developed, but more or less ignored...
Buggy, unstable, slow and ugly ui and missing quite a few modern features. It has some neat features and it does have a strange cult following regardless.

Enough about tracktion though... N-Track is awful.

Reaper.

HobbyCore wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Does anyone use n-Track studio? I see it occasionally in the news section, but never see it being talking about, nor is it on the list. Strange, it has been around for a decade and is still being developed, but more or less ignored...
Buggy, unstable, slow and ugly ui and missing quite a few modern features. It has some neat features and it does have a strange cult following regardless.

Enough about tracktion though... N-Track is awful.

:D

Actually, what is funny about that is I've gotten back into that mold. Wanting to "play the field" and it's so stupid. I keep thinking things like "well what about tracktion" or "what about mulab" or whatever. It's a passing phase, I'll get over it. Retrying FL studio again has helped to make me realize how good I actually have it :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”