Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

sjm wrote: Even more off topic: Love the fact that your sig says "I did a prostitute" ;)
But afterwards Salvation was granted :wink:

Maomoondog wrote:
sjm wrote: Even more off topic: Love the fact that your sig says "I did a prostitute" ;)
Why did you need Salvation if you were "Forever Young" since the beginning? :wink: (one of my favourite songs ever, BTW - thanks for that).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
Why did you need Salvation if you were "Forever Young" since the beginning? :wink: (one of my favourite songs ever, BTW - thanks for that).
We spent too many Afternoons in utopia along the way :wink: Glad you enjoy the song, it is part of my pension :tu:

Even TD covered Forever young. But I like the original better. :wink:

Maomoondog, do you remember which synth made the vocoder sound at the beginning and what synth was used for the trumpets at the end of the song?

Chris-S wrote:Even TD covered Forever young. But I like the original better. :wink:

Maomoondog, do you remember which synth made the vocoder sound at the beginning and what synth was used for the trumpets at the end of the song?
TD - Now that's a long running group, can they remember being young :)

If I recall it correctly we used the Synclavier that was owned by one of the producers (Wolfgang Loos) Basically sampling and multi-tracking Marian Gold's vocal harmonies and using a lot of effects to get that machined treatment, there was also some other vocalist involved too (The Rosie Singers and Gulfstream) The trumpet sounds are a combination of Jupiter-8 and Synclavier. I remember the production of this song to be completely over the top from the original demo and taking a long time to get to Marian Gold's standards of absolute perfection. 8)

fmr wrote:"Forever Young" <snip> one of my favourite songs ever, BTW - thanks for that.
Yeah, I like that one too, even though it's totally not the kind of music I normally like/listen to. Definitely a classic.

Speaking of covers, when I was younger I hung out in places where they played "Für Immer Punk" a lot. Was actually playing it a few weeks ago at band practice when we were going through all the four chord songs.

---

I didn't know TD had covered it too. I've got several of their albums (vinyl ) at home but not Under Cover. I also once left several of their vinly albums on the bus, which really pisses me off.

Maomoondog wrote:
Isn't that a bit too personal? :?:
Some of us are lonesome street-side Juliets.

PetiteKeyboardist wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
Yes but why would you dig it up six months later ? It was dead.......... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
PetiteKeyboardist wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
Yes but why would you dig it up six months later ? It was dead.......... :?
Because I just joined KVR and couldn't post about it then.
Some of us are lonesome street-side Juliets.

The sig the comment was posted in reference to has also changed since then...

PetiteKeyboardist wrote:Because I just joined KVR and couldn't post about it then.
There are hundreds of threads from before you joined........most that have died are best left dead. :shrug:

But whatever....welcome to KVR........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks for posting, I was unaware of this update.
Teksonik wrote:most that have died are best left dead. :shrug:
I'm against all forms of death :x

WOOHOO!! That LPDL filter sounds fabulous! And even though I can't really tell on the scope, my ears seem to notice that the square waves do sound better. Worth the download just for the new filter alone! Synth1 forever! :party:

Sound Author wrote:WOOHOO!! That LPDL filter sounds fabulous! And even though I can't really tell on the scope, my ears seem to notice that the square waves do sound better. Worth the download just for the new filter alone! Synth1 forever! :party:
:clap: :clap: Yes. An amazing synth to have in your vst folder :hyper:
:tu: All is good

fluffy_little_something wrote:That synth is very good for brass and synth basses, but it has a certain metallic sound in my view, warm pads, strings, etc. are not its strength.
Hopefully, these patches might change your mind about that 8)

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2317

Return to “Instruments”