What's Your "Go To" guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've only got one electric, so I reach for my Strat when I'm in that mood.
But most of the time I play acoustic. I think my Gibson plays better than the Taylor,
but the Taylor has the bright sound I love.

hmm ... strat or PRS, but I'm not sure I have a go to. I play what sounds right for what I'm playing.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
Meh.

1983 Strat Elite (Wine Red, Maple Neck). My baby. :love:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

:love: 1994 Parker Fly

Would also love to own a Suhr, a real nice Strat, and a real nice acoustic.

But the one I do play is the Fly. Magnificent.

KrisM wrote:My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
I've yet to try an 8-string. What's it like?

Vigier Excalibur. Love the neck.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

The only place I've ever seen Vigiers is in magazines and Stanley Jordan video's.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

ESP Horizon nt II. I took it to a pro, who invented true temperament necks, and had him install evertune bridge. No tuning problems anymore and so much better intonation. :love:

I try to "walk" them equally - to keep them tuned up, neck properly adjusted to the season temperature and humidity. It's a pity with warped necks on nice instruments.

If I don't care about playing one for a long time - I sell it off.

I have a £40 strat copy, no idea what brand. It leans against a rad in the corner....never goes out of tune. The SG is never in tune :hihi:

Codestation wrote:
KrisM wrote:My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
I've yet to try an 8-string. What's it like?
Me, I took to it pretty easily. It's bigger, but not uncomfortably so. I don't have any major issues even in first position (with short fingers), and barely notice the 1.5" scale difference (25.5" to 27").

I played an RGA8 locally before making a decision.
Meh.

I just got a Fender Marauder... My other guitars are feeling VERY neglected.

My bastardized Les Paul. My take on the Alex Lifeson Axcess; it has a Graph Tech Ghost Floyd Rose like the Lifeson, but it has the Hexpander board with a 13 pin output instead of the Lifeson's "acoustic" mode and also has the traditional neck angle. A DiMarzio Norton for the bridge pickup and a 57 Classic for the neck.

My other go to's my American Standard Strat- it has EMGs.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:My other go to's my American Standard Strat- it has EMGs.
EMGs? I assume you play it for the Strat feel rather than a traditional Strat sound then?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”