Does every producers master their musics without engineer?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you read the title, Does every EDM producers master their musics without mastering engineer? and also mixing?

possibly
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I heard from a number of "best" producers that they seek for mastering engineers, so apparently they can't do it themselves :scared: It is also common that the producer masters his own tracks as well as on request.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:I heard from a number of "best" producers that they seek for mastering engineers, so apparently they can't do it themselves :scared: It is also common that the producer masters his own tracks as well as on request.

that means i don't have to learn about mastering. Only problem is money.

Any Good Username? wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:I heard from a number of "best" producers that they seek for mastering engineers, so apparently they can't do it themselves :scared: It is also common that the producer masters his own tracks as well as on request.

that means i don't have to learn about mastering. Only problem is money.
Just use one speaker.

and this pro tutorial of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4UFEZFRpg
:borg:

Any Good Username? wrote:As you read the title, Does every EDM producers master their musics without mastering engineer? and also mixing?
Yes, every EDM producer does.

By contrast, jazz musicians eat their mastering engineeers.
(Except for Bob Katz, who has had several lucky escapes).

I'd be out of a job if they did! Get loads of EDM in here.

All we do is EDM, and before that, we just called it Dance Music.

I find mastering the easy part when using the Waves.com L3-LLs limiters. Really easyily makes it sound better. I want the LL 3 LL16s now.

It sreal easy to use and it makes a difference. Sometimes I throw on an LA2a or 3a too. Wish I has the SSLs.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Any Good Username? wrote:As you read the title, Does every EDM producers master their musics without mastering engineer? and also mixing?
Yes, but ONLY when you read the title. And also mixing, yes.

^ I lol'd

Not everybody but a lot.
Many producers having the knowledge after some years and so they do it.

Some people like to do it themselves and don't mind taking as much time as it takes to learn how to do it correctly. Other people would rather just worry about writing the music and let someone with more experience handle the mastering. Here's a simple way to approach mastering your own music, it doesn't have to be as complicated as a lot of people would have you think:

http://innerportalstudio.com/articles/Mastering.pdf

Not every producer. Producers who are poor tend to make mastering themselves while those who have a bigger budget or are even hired by a mainstream record label still use mastering engineers.

If I had the money, I'd send my stuff to a real EXPERIENCED mastering engineer because no matter how much I know about DIY mastering, I don't have the (decades of) experience of a trained (good) mastering engineer...

yes, except when no.

Didnt you get your copy of 'the bumper book of exact list of stuff every individual EDM producer does, and also mixing' like everyone else? :shock:

if you wanna pay postage i can send you last year's copy. :shrug:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Production Techniques”