Can an artist/company buy fake likes on Facebook?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think this has something to do with "verified" or not. This is a business model to sell likes/plays/followers on nearly all available platforms. I don't know if all of this clickers are fake clicker (bots) or paid people but this are of course some of the bad sides of this social networking thing.
IMO it makes completely no sense to buy such clicks/plays etc. because this are no real fans and so for the own business model it has no effect. Nobody of this clickers will ever buy a song, buy a ticket for a gig or at least really listen to your song.

But also real plays/likes are often not direct plays this days. My last track on Soundcloud had about 630 plays in 3 or 4 days but most of them are not from Soundcloud fans but from Facebook fans which played the embedded Soundcloud song...
There is a lot of cross-posting this days so often a lot of likes/plays etc are often generated from a different platform.

Anyway if it comes to "force" a bit the business it makes more sense to buy a Facebook advertisement so the page/post is pushed to selected people which are not still a fan/follower. But this makes of course only sense if the stuff is very good. The people which are listening to the songs/viewing the page are not stupid. If they don't like it nobody will push the "like" button or have deeper interest for this new artists.

:tu:

Kriminal wrote:
rp314 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Ppl still use FB :?:
Hip people have avoided it from the beginning.
I just stopped using it.... i didnt feel the need to try and make my life look interesting using filtered photos, or to keep putting my thumb up everytime someone said something.
+1

Oh, wait...
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Kriminal wrote:
rp314 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Ppl still use FB :?:
Hip people have avoided it from the beginning.
I just stopped using it.... i didnt feel the need to try and make my life look interesting using filtered photos, or to keep putting my thumb up everytime someone said something.
I think there is a difference to use it for private stuff or as a platform for communication with fans or to reach a broader range of people which are interested for the same things.
If we speak about musicians or people interested for music/gear and stuff around music production it's more interesting how this platforms can be successful used and this doesn't mean only for commercial things (a lot people making music but having no interest to sell the music).

Kriminal wrote:

You must have misread the t&c

You're not actually obliged to do that if you have an account.

tehlord wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

You must have misread the t&c

You're not actually obliged to do that if you have an account.

i didnt do it, i got sick of ppl who did, so i left.

An interesting article about "leaving Facebook":

https://medium.com/the-archipelago/i-le ... 9a1886c4e4

Facebook wants us to think that it aims to strengthen our connections with the people we love, but this claim is just as much doublespeak as that 2009 open letter. Facebook wants to strengthen our relationship with Facebook, using our friendships as vectors.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Political parties too. I read article last week about the new 'Feminist initiativ' party here in Sweden buying 10,000 likes for their Facebook page, from Turkey no less. :lol:

lotus2035 wrote:Political parties too. I read article last week about the new 'Feminist initiativ' party here in Sweden buying 10,000 likes for their Facebook page, from Turkey no less. :lol:
Best I've heard in a long time... :hihi: :D

AgiKvr wrote:a bit OT but...NOT too much

http://qz.com/229996/facebooks-social-e ... ons-study/
Holy f**k.
ImageImageImageImage

4damind wrote: If we speak about musicians or people interested for music/gear and stuff around music production it's more interesting how this platforms can be successful used and this doesn't mean only for commercial things (a lot people making music but having no interest to sell the music).
No doubt, but will that aspect of the enterprise be enough to sustain FB's greed? :hihi:

Aren't these missteps part of the difficulty FB might be having in developing the business side, i.e., convincing companies that it's a great place to get new customers?

That said, the biggest problem for this new world order will always be those like me who've all along refused to enthusiastically join in. Even when the great enterprise is one that so helps support the local economy and is generally believed to be the place to be. :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”