Looking for ReBirth style delay unit (VST)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya.
As the thread title says: I'm wondering if there's a (preferably free) VST delay unit that functions like the delay unit in ReBirth.
To wit, instead of a 'Time' parameter, it has a 'Steps' parameter.
The reason I'd like this is because one of my favorite things to do in ReBirth was to feed the instruments into the delay unit at a different number of steps than the patterns themselves were based on. It really made some cool sounds, and could be used as a looper with the feedback set full-on.
Perhaps I'm simply not using the delay units I have properly. I dunno. I can't seem to figure out how to use a 'Time'-based delay unit as a looper.
Thanks! 8)

image sample of ReBirth to see the delay unit

*bump*

Looks like an eighth note, so steps = 3 = 3/8 ? the 3 is a triplet toggle?

Any delay that can do tempo sync at 3/8 would work, if steps are 3 8th notes, no?

TAL DUB III would probably suit you fine, it's free and great.

Set 1/4. to 1/8 to emulate the ribirth one. ignore saturation, low cut, and high cut, and you're sorted just like rebirths?

Get it here: http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-dub

This is as good if not better than some commercial delay plug-ins, IMO.

mmmk. so it sounds like I'm not using what I have correctly. I do have TAL Dub III (and the other two ... well, ALL of the TAL plugins actually)
Thanks =] .... I'll keep experimenting.

EDIT: Actually, I think what I'm looking for is a looper ... and I've now found several that I'll try out and experiment with. :ud:

Ah a looper can be sorta emulated (depending on functionality desired) with high feedback a little bit.

But there was a looper that was kind of popular called augustus loop or something like that.

What host do you use? If you use Ableton, there is a built in looper called, erm. I think Looper?

LOL I don't use it often (the looper effect in Ableton)

I'm in Reaper. Sometimes LMMS, but mostly Reaper.

Return to “Effects”