Is Motown's Berry Gordy a bad person?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for all your kind replies. They are very useful.

I've read a book called, "Fame Without Fortune, Motown Records, the Al Cleveland Story by Glenn Soucy, Daryl Cleveland". It is about Al Cleveland, a songwriter most famous perhaps for the song What's going on performed by Marvin Gaye.

That book, written by his son, accused Berry Gordy of lying to his father many times. The story was very tragic. That's why I want to know more about this songwriter/businessman.

Thank you

fantasyvn wrote:Thank you for all your kind replies. They are very useful.

I've read a book called, "Fame Without Fortune, Motown Records, the Al Cleveland Story by Glenn Soucy, Daryl Cleveland". It is about Al Cleveland, a songwriter most famous perhaps for the song What's going on performed by Marvin Gaye.

That book, written by his son, accused Berry Gordy of lying to his father many times. The story was very tragic. That's why I want to know more about this songwriter/businessman.

Thank you
You ought to look up Bo Diddley and see how he was treated. Gordy was no more (and no less) larcenous than other record executives, then and now. Swindling talent comes natural to those humanoids.

I think that's the only way celebrity kids get book deals - make bad stuff up or exaggerate about their parents...
PLease read Mommie Dearest or the one by Bette Davis' daughter...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”