2nd Thomekk Album - "Communication sucks" (Psychedelic, Rock, Electro, Space-Pop, Eclecticism)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally the hazard of this was managed.
The second degree of a Thomekk-Album. And so there are vocals still.

http://thomekk.bandcamp.com/album/communication-sucks

Communication doesn't suck that much and can be fun usually of course but with the social networks there's a changed paradigma.
Most of the tunes deal with some impressions / reflections. Despite of some lyrics the music hopefully wins in any case, so :)

Genres: Psychedelic, RockMetal, Electric, Pop, Punk (whatever these brackets can mean)(languages: english, german)

Tools: Lots of real E-Guitars, some acoustic guitar, vocals - and lots of VSTis + VSTs

Two and a half pieces had been posted in the Music Cafe' before. Both had additions after that.
Have fun.
Last edited by thomekk on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

just a stupid bump
Symphony Nr.1

cool man! great stuff! just listening my way into it. man, this is awesome!

tomorrow, you bloody thomate! :x :tantrum: :-D :-P
"It dreamed itself along"

:love: :party: holy roller. this is unique Thomathensaft, very special sugo nur von Thomahekk möglich. wonderful weirdness wasteland. lekker lekker.

Congratulations! :D

... aber werd' ich den Thomakk jemals versteh'n? :pray:
"It dreamed itself along"

mrblitz wrote:cool man! great stuff! just listening my way into it. man, this is awesome!
Hey,
thanks a lot mate :D
Makes me really happy that you like the stuff and it was worth the purchase for you.
Symphony Nr.1

mellotronaut wrote::love: :party: holy roller. this is unique Thomathensaft, very special sugo nur von Thomahekk möglich. wonderful weirdness wasteland. lekker lekker.

Congratulations! :D

... aber werd' ich den Thomakk jemals versteh'n? :pray:
Herr Mello, :wink:
grazie, freuet mich sehr dass du reingehört hast und dir das Säftle schmekkert. :D
Symphony Nr.1

just another bump "for what's it worth" :)
Symphony Nr.1

annoying bump - lots of works stuck inside this.
and just curious about some feedback - as it is not the "usual" cup of publication.
of course dislikes are ok 8)
Symphony Nr.1

i think this truly is a brilliant collection. it's an inspiring showcase of what an independent artist can achieve on a creative/production level. some of it in particular is very emotive and beautiful; but it's very engaging from start to bend in any event.

the only nits i'd have are maybe that a couple of vocals could have been re-taken, and maybe a couple of guitar bits overdubbed/retaken. even so, i'm not certain that this is truth or rather, a matter of taste.

ymmv

Thanks again for your words.
The thing with some of the vocals is, that some of them could have been better indeed - but decided to leave them (just for the original first take thing - be it amateurish or not - and on purpose not always understandable) against the absolute "perfection".

I guess I c(sh)ould post a single track here instead of the "whole album" promoting thing, maybe this could be better attentionwise :ud:
Symphony Nr.1

A psychedelic concept album with occasional metal outbursts. :o The songwriting, lyrics, and creativity are all first rate. At times, it's like Syd Barrett managed to operate a DAW after an acid overdose.

Unfortunately, it's presented in a listener unfriendly package with abrasive mixes and very rough vocals. I think you could have a lot more listeners if you polished this material. As it stands, this is only going to appeal to the most adventurous listeners.

Interesting stuff, I like the sort of raw uncut "recorded in a garage" feel to it.
:borg:

Thanks Frantz,

the Syd Barrett thing is funny as I never got so much 'bout the magic of his work. Simply don't know it that much. Another thing is the poor tag "Psychedelic" which I used. Don't think this is absolutely Psychedelic in the origin tradition, but could not find a better idiom for this transformation which was in mind.

For the mix thing I absolutely accept your pov on the roughness. This was intentional - and this is indeed some aesthetic comfort zone era issue me guesses. So it's not everyone's cup of course. The concept was the most important here. Not all tracks are that rough btw :) Some smoother tracks also packed in.
Symphony Nr.1

V0RT3X wrote:Interesting stuff, I like the sort of raw uncut "recorded in a garage" feel to it.
V0RT3X,
yeah, that came out for certain tracks, not all.
Thx for the listening :)
Symphony Nr.1

Return to “Music Cafe”