Is it normal that Ableton can't handle 100 track stems?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Image-Line wrote:
camsr wrote:FL Studio will handle a lot of tracks, as long as they are 32-bit float WAV and at the same samplerate.
16 or 32 Bit WAV.

Regards Scott

This might be the problem for Live too. If Live is resampling all 100 tracks, it could cause playback issues. I'll play around with some settings later tonight to see how much I can push it and where it breaks down.

It's not that important. :hihi: I think, if you read his first few posts, most everyone here knew what he meant. :)

There's maybe no real point in debating the semantics of the technical definition, but you're right about that, agree.

He was only trying to play 100 audio files at once in FLStudio for whatever reason, that's all. What he decided to call them (stems or tracks, the file renders) is pretty irrelevant to that. I only popped in to say that mix engineers do not typically want sub-mixes, that's all, no matter what people call them.

But I do agree, if proper English is really necessary here, when generally accepted slang or commonly understood usage won't do or confuses anyone, that term is not precise.

You were right, I was wrong, moving on.

Actually if a bus track (sub-mix, whatever) is already mixed well and thoughtfully, it can be rather fun to mix. It would just save some time if there wasn't a need to do anything to what is already in it.

LawrenceF wrote:
It's not that important. :hihi: I think, if you read his first few posts, most everyone here knew what he meant. :)

There's maybe no real point in debating the semantics of the technical definition, but you're right about that, agree.

He was only trying to play 100 audio files at once in FLStudio for whatever reason, that's all. What he decided to call them (stems or tracks, the file renders) is pretty irrelevant to that. I only popped in to say that mix engineers do not typically want sub-mixes, that's all, no matter what people call them.

But I do agree, if proper English is really necessary here, when generally accepted slang or commonly understood usage won't do or confuses anyone, that term is not precise.

You were right, I was wrong, moving on.
I wasn't suggesting that mix engineers "typically" wanted sub-mixes. Sometimes they do, but if we're getting into that topic, it's actually mastering that would want a sub mix more often than mixing, but it does get requested all the same.

I have no interest in policing grammar and semantics. I can be just as guilty of an error, mistake or oversight as anyone else.

*The only reason I said anything is because users were asking him to clarify and the OP kept responding as if the person asking was stupid for asking him to clarify. That's all.

It's all good.

Did the OP ever solve his issue related to playing 100 contiguous audio files in FL? I have the Fruity Edition so I don't know how well FL handles all that, never tried it, can't try it in Fruity Edition I don't think.

LawrenceF wrote:It's all good.

Did the OP ever solve his issue related to playing 100 contiguous audio files in FL? I have the Fruity Edition so I don't know how well FL handles all that, never tried it, can't try it in Fruity Edition I don't think.
His problem was playing them in Live... The mention of FL was by other posters stating that it would work just fine in a far superior host like FLStudio. :party:

HobbyCore wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:His problem was playing them in Live... The mention of FL was by other posters stating that it would work just fine in a far superior host like FLStudio. :party:
...well, my post was to point out you need to treat "trust me I am an expert and I know what I am talking about" posts on KVR with extreme caution ;)

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

i just ignored toxic reaper fanboy's post thought lol

Image-Line wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:His problem was playing them in Live... The mention of FL was by other posters stating that it would work just fine in a far superior host like FLStudio. :party:
...well, my post was to point out you need to treat "trust me I am an expert and I know what I am talking about" posts on KVR with extreme caution.

Regards Scott
I think you misquoted me there Scott. :)
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HobbyCore wrote:His problem was playing them in Live... The mention of FL was by other posters stating that it would work just fine in a far superior host like FLStudio. :party:
Oh yeah, sorry, I meant Live. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”