IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: If you still have these issues with the final versions support can help as the import process does not appear to match my experience (of which I posted all steps in screenshots)
From what I can see, the process exactly matches what you're showing on your screenshots, but I'll wait for the "official" version.

thejonsolo wrote:There are dozens of companies in the music software business that charge for subsequent downloads of large libraries. Air is one that comes to mind in addition to IK Multimedia. To demand a guarantee that this process be eliminated is crazy. Bandwidth cost money. A 3TB standalone USB drive is more than adequate (and inexpensive) to backup your software (I know, I use one myself). Of course this is really not even relevant to the discussion...IKM like every other company, has a policy. It is not anyone's business to make unsolicited suggestions to modify that policy.
Hilarious. "It is not anyone's business to make unsolicited suggestions to modify that policy."
Yes, how dare I!
Yes, bandwidth costs money - but such a tiny amount that the loss of customer goodwill isn't worth it.
A £3.99 a month virtual server could cover ALL of IKM's 're-downloads' for the rest of time. (Notice I said 're-downloads', not general downloading.)
Two wrongs don't make a right. The other companies charging people to re-download stuff they've already paid for are also in the wrong. The very fact that Peter wouldn't just come out and state "Yes, it will cost you 15 euros to re-download ST3" speaks volumes. Why do you think he didn't just come out and say precisely that? As if it's 'crazy' to 'demand' that we aren't forced to pay ridiculous fees to re-download things we've already paid for, when NO company can justify charging anything at all. Where have you been? Did you miss the last ten years of hosting speeds and costs?
Please explain why you think that charging 15 euros for something that costs them 0.001p is justified, and anything other than price gouging.

thejonsolo wrote: Companies make decisions every day that cost them money, rob them of profits, or seemingly ignore their customers or clients. This will rarely be out of a desire to lose money or alienate their clientele.
I've already explained why this is - almost all companies are not democracies, one or two fools get into positions of power, make bad decisions, and nobody else is allowed to disagree with them. As a customer, I have the right to disagree with them, in public, and say what most of their employees are probably not allowed to say.

thejonsolo wrote:It is possible that money could be lost if IKM does not sell a core Sampletank 3 with no samples for 1/3 of the CURRENT ($99) upgrade cost (which is a stupid suggestion cause development costs a LOT of money)
Huh? If it makes them MORE money, how can it be a stupid suggestion? I know development costs a lot of money, that's precisely why they should have done it.
thejonsolo wrote: but in all likelyhood, doing so would "cheapen" or lessen the new Sampletank product. It is like asking Korg to sell you the insides/engine of their new Kronos keyboard for 1/3 the cost so you can retrofit it inside your old Korg Triton. It would be silly and not make good business sense.
It's nothing like that, and you know it, and it can't possibly "cheapen" the full ST3, since it's quite obvious what you are buying with the ST3 player, and what extra the ST3 full version offers.
How on earth does your mind work? But I forget, I'm 'crazy' and 'stupid' for thinking for myself...

thejonsolo wrote: The only mistake that I see with IKM is not updating the old engine to 64 bit. But clearly it was explained the cost and direction was never factored in to the original.
Huh? Almost every other company has released FREE 64 bit upgrades to their VSTs, and IKM can't even contemplate releasing a paid for version. That's because somebody at IKM made a bad decision, and can't admit they're wrong, and won't even discuss it. Look at the 'reasons' Peter has given so far, none of them make any sense whatsoever. It's no skin off my nose, as I say.
thejonsolo wrote: So we have a rewrite, which I hope is glorious. Their other products have been good (albeit sometimes issue-some) and I expect no less (or more) from this.
That's totally irrelevant to what I've been saying. I've never said ST3 isn't going to be any good.

Few nitpicks ... ;)

This is with version 3.0.0 (4G22).

No copy/paste (ie. 'Import Legacy Instruments / Libary Name').

I'm unable to import legaxy instruments. I get "Conversion errors: boost::filesystem::remove" error.

SampleTron
Conversion errors: boost::filesystem::remove

SampleMoog

Miroslav Philharmonik

Sonik Synth 2

Interestingly I was able to import the Piano Collection 2 / Xtension pack ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I will repeat that Sweetwater jumped the gun, please do not download as anything you do now will not be valid and will require a full redownload and reinstall.
paulbreeze wrote:Few nitpicks ... ;)
:P
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

According to Peter this is not the release version yet, so maybe wait until later.
paulbreeze wrote:Few nitpicks ... ;)

This is with version 3.0.0 (4G22).

No copy/paste (ie. 'Import Legacy Instruments / Libary Name').
Confirmed. It would also be nice if the directory name was chosen as the library name by default (if library name is blank).
I'm unable to import legaxy instruments. I get "Conversion errors: boost::filesystem::remove" error.
Everything I tried so far has worked. Maybe access issues (ACL or write protected files?)

But yeah, let's see what the final version brings. Also I wonder why this hasn't been prepared yet in the first place :shrug:

Vista x64 here with UAC turned off, so no access issues ...
Library path set to D:\[...]
FL Studio 11.1 x64 .

Yes, let's wait for the final one...

im a bit dissapointed about IKM not being able to manage the release in time. Its almost noon here already in east europe

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I will repeat that Sweetwater jumped the gun, please do not download as anything you do now will not be valid and will require a full redownload and reinstall.
Why in the F*CK would IK upload files that aren't the final version ? That makes absolutely no sense........unbelievable. :bang: :nutter:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No 32 bit installer??
This is ridiculous...
Is there a way I can install on 32 win?

@Selfik : that was the point ; 64bit only...

Selfik wrote:No 32 bit installer??
This is ridiculous...
There is no 32-bit version.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=900
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/samplet ... multimedia

It was also mentioned in this thread earlier that it would be x64 only.
Last edited by Ben H on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Based on the comments so far, it seems there will be little or no summer holidays for the IK support team :P

Ben H wrote:
Selfik wrote:No 32 bit installer??
This is ridiculous...
There is no 32-bit version.
It was mentioned in this thread earlier that it would be x64 only.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=900
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/samplet ... multimedia
Ahhh...
Very dissapointed...

Numanoid wrote:Based on the comments so far, it seems there will be little or no summer holidays for the IK support team :P
If IK does not deliver by the end of the 24th as promised there will be a Witch Hunt the likes not seen since Salem.............. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ben H wrote: There is no 32-bit version.
It was mentioned in this thread earlier that it would be x64 only.
I think we're going to start seeing more and more of this.....64 bit only versions of new or updated plugins. I'd be interested in seeing the percentage of users who are still 32 bit only. I'm fortunate enough to have both an older WinXP 32 bit system which is what I'm on right now and a Win 7 64 bit studio computer so I'm covered either way............... :)

Return to “Instruments”