IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I'ma thinking about it. It's intriguing. There are some thing I don't like about kontakt, but if I shell 150 bones AND it doesn't work :x

There is a side to me that says "I don't need it immd, but I kinda want it, but I kinda want to wait and see what people have to say"

50 bucks is 50 bucks though!

hibidy wrote:I'ma thinking about it. It's intriguing. There are some thing I don't like about kontakt, but if I shell 150 bones AND it doesn't work :x

There is a side to me that says "I don't need it immd, but I kinda want it, but I kinda want to wait and see what people have to say"

50 bucks is 50 bucks though!
lol
I've had ST2 at least 10 yrs, and Sonic synth 12 yrs, and I look back at things I've done with them.
Maybe one or two tunes.
Yet this hype still entices me, but I won't fall for it. I'll be glad when it's out and the price goes up and then I'll really be turned off by it.
Glad for these folks who use it and are finally getting it.

It's not the hype that entices me. It's the layout. That looks ACE! Kontakt is knunky and frankly hard to deal with. Now pushing 50, I just CAN'T be bothered with having to do too much. At one point in time, kontakt seemed great. Now, looking at the interface for ST3 it's like, I'd use that BIG time.

What I'm worried about is will it do MT in live/studio one and will it do multiouts easier and more efficiently?

I've talked myself out of it. Not sold on the audio demos.

The interface looks slick though :cool:

Just got my Sweetwater serial !:)

Good! Now you'll be first in line for us to bug over it :D

Greeeeat, except they jumped the gun. The files that we will put up on the User Area later will be available when we send our emails. Sorry that it got you excited but please do not download anything yet. Thank you, and yes I reported this as soon as I saw it. It isn't that far off, but it isn't happening yet.

...and I do believe this is the first time I've used "f**k a duck" in a business conversation, regardless of the fact that it is 2AM here (I think I'd say it mid-day too, under the circumstances).

well in Honolulu its still 20:23 soo i think we will have to wait for few good hours

But Peter, you KNEW that was going to happen. It's all automated. As soon as it was midnight they had automated responses. Plus they probably wanted to be "cooler" than others.

It happens every time. Remember the fiasco with MF/GC posting a price and link to ST3 way way back?

So the installer and the 8 sound downloads in my user area are not the right ones?

I downloaded the ST3 installer anyway, installed it and have now begun to import some legacy libraries. The process is pretty simple, although a bit cumbersome. You have to install each library separately and name them manually. I have 25+ ST libraries, which makes it quite a bit work. The import process copies all files over to a converted format and does not touch the ST2 files, which is good in my book. The file sizes don't change much btw.

P.S.: as with any other IK product, I had to export the proper registry keys from my admin account to my normal user account to make ST3 see the authorization.
Last edited by paterpeter on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Even the engine installer is not the official and final version until we send out notifications.

If you still have these issues with the final versions support can help as the import process does not appear to match my experience (of which I posted all steps in screenshots)nor does your authorization experience. Both likely due to the premature files being used. Sorry for any confusion and disappointment.

I will repeat that Sweetwater jumped the gun, please do not download as anything you do now will not be valid and will require a full redownload and reinstall.

Another chapter in this endless story.. ..poor Peter! :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Greeeeat, except they jumped the gun. The files that we will put up on the User Area later will be available when we send our emails. Sorry that it got you excited but please do not download anything yet. Thank you, and yes I reported this as soon as I saw it. It isn't that far off, but it isn't happening yet.
Ok Peter, I didn't see your response here until I had downloaded, installed and registered the app. and downloaded but not unzipped zip files 2, 3 and 4 dated 7/28/14 (?). What should I do now? The app. appears to be appearing properly, albeit without any sounds as of yet. Do I have to remove the app. as well as the sound library zips?

Return to “Instruments”