How to add body house stabs?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I'm been trying to make some stabs and i can't reach that fat stab that we can hear in many deep house or tech tracks. No matter how i try the stab bass and mid freq sounds dull.

Whats the point to reach a stab with a well defined "body" in low and mid frequencies that hits hard?

Have you tried copying the stab and lower the copy 1 octave (and maybe a third copy 1 octave higher)?

That + the use of Spire vsti were eye openers to me for creating dubtechno chords.

And maybe a touch of Tal Chorus LX and some distortion?

Try a multi band transient designer bump up the transients in the 150-250hz range. Then scoop out some higher midrange frequencies by a few decibels and then hit it with a compressor. That should bring the body of the sound to the front. You could also layer a tuned kick drum underneath it at a very low volume ( like -20 Db) . I could give you better advice if I had a sound example as I don't really listen to the styles of music you are referencing.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I agree with Ah-Dziz...you could either try to simply layer a lower patch/sample underneath yours that has your desired sound (easiest route), or eq it properly to boost it in the desired range. Just mess with the eq until your begin hearing the sound that you want.

Layer it with something an octave below

Sometimes I use a pitch shifted and filtered version mixed with the original sound

Or I use a synth or tone generator

I've been using Soog lately which is a Reaktor ensemble which is a sub harmonic synthesiser.

All good for beefing up thin drums as well

manducator wrote:Have you tried copying the stab and lower the copy 1 octave (and maybe a third copy 1 octave higher)...
Ah_Dziz wrote:Try a multi band transient designer bump up the transients in the 150-250hz range...
silversurfer91 wrote:I agree with Ah-Dziz....
Rah wrote:Layer it with something an octave below...
Hi guys, thanks for the reply!
I tried your tips and have to say it really helped me a lot.

I sampled a deep chord from FM8 and lowered its octave and then I used some fx like chorus and distortion.
I've used your tips together, I find that plugin "dominion" that helped for the job, and layered some kick under the main sound.

Theres not a specific sound that I'm trying to remake but I want it to have body and deep feeling like this ones in this set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5n8xEVXxvg
Djazzy - "Puzzled" (Kruse & Nuernberg remix)
- music starts at 2:00:20 and we can hear a stab, 2:01:14 starts another one;
Rex Blah & DJ Lungzo - "Good Times"
- 1:24:59 we can hear the sound.

Sorry but I couldn't find the single tracks.

Well I'm just a beginner and sometimes I its hard to achieve the points even with some help but I will keep trying!

Return to “Sound Design”