Alpha Juno 2 & PG300: Visual Feedback?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm playing around with the above and noticing I'm not receiving any visual feedback on the Juno when I change parameters on the PG.

I'm 99.99% confident I did on my MKS50 so why not on the full banana Juno?

Is there something I need to do to the Juno perhaps?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

If I send messages to my juno it doesn't show anything on the screen. It would actually be annoying if it were to do so as if you were trying to edit a setting or synth parameter on the juno itself while also receiving parameters via midi, it would interfere.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:If I send messages to my juno it doesn't show anything on the screen. It would actually be annoying if it were to do so as if you were trying to edit a setting or synth parameter on the juno itself while also receiving parameters via midi, it would interfere.
You've confused me.

I know we've not met but I doubt you have four arms and two heads :D How then are you able to modify the Juno and the PG simultaneously?

I'd like to adjust the PG and see the digital readout of the adjustment reflected on the Juno.

As I said in the OP, I'm absolutely positive my MKS did it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Okay, but one reason you might not want that behavior is if you were sending the sysex commands as part of a track to do "automation" of synthesizer parameters. It would be easy to write a vst plugin to do this actually if it doesn't already exist.

The mks-50 came out after the alpha juno 2, didn't it? So they had put a lot of extra R&D into it at that point as well as having collected feedback from customers.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to print out the parameter values when you're sliding a physical control with tick-marks on it, so they may not have come up with this idea for the original alpha juno.

I can confirm my AJ-1 doesn't print anything when you send sysex to it.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”