Waves StudioRack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a scenario that instantly comes to mind. I wonder if you can save a "preset" and exchange it between hosts. If it does that, instant grat.

hibidy wrote:Here's a scenario that instantly comes to mind. I wonder if you can save a "preset" and exchange it between hosts. If it does that, instant grat.
It does :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

hibidy wrote:Here's a scenario that instantly comes to mind. I wonder if you can save a "preset" and exchange it between hosts. If it does that, instant grat.
Yes, that's one of the selling points. However, I haven't found a way to insert a non-Waves plugin into the rack. The Add Plugin menu lists all my Waves plugs, nicely organized into functional categories, but that's it. The video and manual imply that it might be possible to add others, but I've found no info.

I found the installation problematic ... it says you need the latest version of the plugs (v9r19), which is usually not a big deal -- just run the WOLI installer as I've done many times, but what normally takes less than five minutes for me took nearly an hour. I then had to re-do it with the "repair" option after Harrison Mixbus could no longer find any Waves plugs. And I haven't been able to get StudioRack to pass Mixbus' VST scan, which would have been nice since Mixbus has no FX chain feature AFAIK.

I wish I'd waited to install this and the r19 plugs until things have been sorted out. Seems to me that there are some issues here.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Yeah, I'm thinking of this as a little extra utility wrapper and moving on.

It IS National Hot Dog Day here in the US, though.

99-centers at Sonic drive-in... had one for lunch and think I'll dine there, too.

To put things in perspective, I'm more excited about that than studiorack.
Last edited by antithesist on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

:hihi:

Well, it's the kvr way to get bent about a free thing :D

No kidding, hibidy! :lol: I'm certainly not gonna complain about another freebie from Waves.
Yeah, that's the part I'm most excited about since I use multiple DAWs. I'm hoping that they add support for more third-party plugins down the road, particularly Fabfilter since FF and Waves plugins comprise most of my standard processing chains.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

hibidy wrote::hihi:

True, though I'm not so much bent as misled and under-whelmed.

The third bullet-point on the main product page is: "Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins."

Well, it's not.

That's OK... I don't use the IK t-racks app or chainer plug-in either, and I'd probably still have installed studiorack had I known it was just Waves.

Wait, I said I was moving on, right?

Sonic hot dog time!

(The fast-food "chain" name even makes it sort of on-topic: Sonic chain(er)... get it? Ha! Oh, never mind.)
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

As a Logic Pro X user do I really need this? I can save channel strips which include all plugins and not just the Waves ones... am I missing something?

antithesist wrote:
hibidy wrote::hihi:

True, though I'm not so much bent as misled and under-whelmed.

The third bullet-point on the main product page is: "Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins."

Well, it's not.

That's OK... I don't use the IK t-racks app or chainer plug-in either, and I'd probably still have installed studiorack had I known it was just Waves.

Wait, I said I was moving on, right?

Sonic hot dog time!

(The fast-food "chain" name even makes it sort of on-topic: Sonic chain(er)... get it? Ha! Oh, never mind.)
Oh, I know you weren't bent, that's what the hihi was for. Then I just kinda added because I'm clairvoyant like that :hihi:

@sonic hot dog: Oh yeah, national hot dog day......I had pizza :shrug:

Eddie TX wrote:I found the installation problematic ... it says you need the latest version of the plugs (v9r19), which is usually not a big deal -- just run the WOLI installer as I've done many times, but what normally takes less than five minutes for me took nearly an hour. I then had to re-do it with the "repair" option after Harrison Mixbus could no longer find any Waves plugs. And I haven't been able to get StudioRack to pass Mixbus' VST scan, which would have been nice since Mixbus has no FX chain feature AFAIK.
Installation took about 15 minutes here (Sonar X1, 20+ Waves Plugins), but no sign of StudioRack anywhere. Not on that WOLI list, or Sonar's plug-in manager.

Also Sonar lost all my Waves plug-ins (again) so I had to manually remove the old versions from my plug-in folders and replace them with the new ones, but that was not a big deal, done it many times.

But yeah, StudioRack seems to play hide and seek. :-?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

antithesist wrote:To put things in perspective, I'm more excited about that than studiorack.
Maybe if you tried loading Sausage fattner into StudioRack... :D

Looks like you shouldn't install StudioRack right away. I did and it essentially disabled all of my Waves plugins for Ableton & Bitwig. I'm on Mac OS 10.9.4.

Here is the reply from tech support in case anyone else is in the same boat:

There is an issue involving StudioRack Native plug-in that we are aware of and working to solve ASAP.

I suggest manual removal of all Waves from your system and re install. Please do not re install StudioRack plug-in. I will personally inform you by email when the issue is resolved.

Please follow these steps:

Note: If you have created your own presets, saved to a preset menu, please drag the 'Plug-ins Settings' folder, located at System HD > Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settings - to your desktop.
Also, if you have any saved IR impulses or presets - drag the IR1Impulses, IR1Impulses V2 and Acoustics.net Impulses folders located at System HD > Applications > Waves > Waves Plug-ins to your desktop as well.

1. Go to: Macintosh HD >Applications > Waves > Utilities and run the Waves Uninstaller file. Choose Remove All.
2. Go to: Macintosh HD >Applications and Remove the Waves folder.
3. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Components Remove all Waveshell-AU.component files.
4. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST Remove all Waveshell-VST.vst files.
5. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST3 Remove all Waveshell-VST.vst3 files.
6. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins Remove all Waveshell-DAE.dpm files.
7. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plug-Ins Remove all Waveshell-AAX.aaxplugin files.
(if ProTools is not installed on your system, steps 6 and 7 are not relevant)
8. Go to: Macintosh HD >Users>Home User>Library>Caches Remove Waves Folder.
9. Go to: Macintosh HD >Users>Home User>Library>Preferences Remove the Waves Preferences Folder.
10. Empty the Trash.

The Home User Library folder may be hidden.
In order to see it, hold down the Option key and it will appear in the upper apple menu under Go.
Now, re install:

1. Download and run the V9 installer from Waves site. (Click on the MAC icon if you are using MAC or the WINDOWS icon if you are using PC).

2. During installation follow on screen instructions and when getting to the Installation Type Menu window, choose only Bundles/plug-ins you own and for which you have license. (Scroll down to the bottom of the list and unfold the Single Plug-Ins list, to locate single plug-ins).

You can check all your products in your Waves account.

3. Follow on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Looks like you shouldn't install StudioRack right away. I did and it essentially disabled all of my Waves plugins for Ableton & Bitwig. I'm on Mac OS 10.9.4.

Here is the reply from tech support in case anyone else is in the same boat...
Thanks! Good to know.

Well, I did installed it (that new invisible Waves plug-in called StudioRack) and even Sonar lost every single Waves plug-in on my computer I managed to get them back to my plug-in list and they're working just fine. So, I think I'm not gonna uninstall the Waveshells.

Only thing I had to do (again) was to delete 32-bit Waveshell and the both 32-bit and 64-bit Waveshells from my VSTplugins folder and just keep that 64-bit Waveshell in Waves folder. Yes: for some reason WOLI installs 32-bit and 64-bit Waveshells to VSTplugin folder AND same Waveshells to Waves folder. And that's something Cakewalk Plugin Manager can't handle.

I guess they (Waves) will post a new fixed WOLI with StudioRack installation sooner or later.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

My license isn't being recognized by REAPER... anyone else? Waves License Center says it's definitely there.

Return to “Effects”