Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

On the Largo installer. RC2 wouldn't install for me at all, even after the elicenser install, etc. The installer always failed on validation. I what I had to do was trick the link and install RC1 - which installed fine - and then install RC2 over the top of RC1.

I have no idea what the difference in installers is, but that's how I had to go to get it to all work. Hope that helps anybody else who is having issues w/ the Largo installers on OSX 10.9.

Hi,

possible problems with the OSX installer including the issue above currently seem to be checked by Waldorf.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Can anyone clarify what the OSX/Mac timing prob fix should have fixed in RC2? It was mentioned in changelog posted in Facebook, but not here. Atleast it didn't catch my eye.

Now that the gui seems to work well and no crashes, the arp sync is the only bug affecting my use.

ChristopherMoyse wrote:Using Sonar X3 64 under Windows 8.1 64, neither 64-bit VST3 1.5.2 RC1 or RC2 Largo respond to Pressure (channel aftertouch). However, 32-bit VST2 1.5.1 Largo in the same project with the same preset loaded does respond to Pressure. Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue or a bug?
The aftertouch issue iseems to be confirmed for the VST3 and AAX plugins of Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and also PPG Wave 2.V.
The VST 2 plugins seem to work properly. This is currrently checked at Waldorf. I have also provided multiple Cubase test projects for checking this.

UPDATE:
The aftertouch issue in PPG Wave 2.V VST3 seems to be solved with a new beta version that i just tested.

PS:
While we are still collecting bug reports for Largo currently the focus is on fixing bugs for Waldorf Edition.

New updates/installers for Largo and PPG Wave 3.V should be done later.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

raymondwave wrote:Can anyone clarify what the OSX/Mac timing prob fix should have fixed in RC2? It was mentioned in changelog posted in Facebook, but not here. Atleast it didn't catch my eye.

Now that the gui seems to work well and no crashes, the arp sync is the only bug affecting my use.
PM sent.
Ingo Weidner

Hello I use OSX 10.9.4/Logic 9.1.8 (both 32&64bit)/PPG Wave 3.V v1.0.3 RC1

My Report -

1.SAME PATCH, DIFFERENT SOUNDS : All programs I made on the older version sounded
a little bit different on the RC1. But small thing brings a big different feeling and character. When loading my patch, the sound of the filter cutoff is more murky(muddy?) on the new version. And ADSR envelopes sound slight different. Maybe the developers changed its source codes? It makes me sad. Because I have made hundreds of programs since 2011.

If I want to move to Logic X, I must buy another 3rd party's bit bridge application(32Lives e.g.) to keep the old version. What an irony! All I can say is that version 1.02 and new 1.03 are two different instruments.

2. MORE CPU INTENSITY, BUT MORE MOJO IN SOUNDS -

My Macbook Pro tells RC1 needs more 40~50% cpu power than the old one needs. But I can't deny the result that the new RC1 has now more mojo in sounds and more authentic close to the original hardware. I'm happy with its improved sound power. But I'm unhappy with imperfect compatibility with old version.

sorry for my english, thank you for reading.

Amundsen_Scott from Bladivostok.

amundsen_scott wrote: 1.SAME PATCH, DIFFERENT SOUNDS : All programs I made on the older version sounded
a little bit different on the RC1. But small thing brings a big different feeling and character. When loading my patch, the sound of the filter cutoff is more murky(muddy?) on the new version. And ADSR envelopes sound slight different. Maybe the developers changed its source codes? It makes me sad. Because I have made hundreds of programs since 2011.

If I want to move to Logic X, I must buy another 3rd party's bit bridge application(32Lives e.g.) to keep the old version. What an irony! All I can say is that version 1.02 and new 1.03 are two different instruments.
Hi,

AFAIK there was no change in teh sound engine, at least it was not intended. I would have to do a direct comparison with the old 32-bit plugin to check if there is a sound difference. Will try to do that ASAP.
Aynway i am currently using Windows and maybe it is different there.

Would interesting to know if other OSX users did notice a difference too. So far nobody reported this here or in the beta forum.
Theroretically it would be also possible that there is a bug somewhere that makes patches sound differently.

UPDATE:
Just started some tests with my own commercial bank. I created a project where i could play both the old 32-bit VST2 plugin (v1.03) and the new 64-bit VST2 plugin. So far i did not notice a difference but i will try to check this further.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hey Ingo,

The GUI bugs still exist in Largo RC2;

1. Any menu that is activated remains highlighted = light red arrow instead of grey.
2. ADSL curves are not smooth, they lack any antialiasing.

I'm disappointed that the Command click GUI keyboard = Key Held
feature has been omitted from the 64 bit updates. :(

Meh, anyway... appreciate the efforts nonetheless

Everglide wrote:Hey Ingo,

The GUI bugs still exist in Largo RC2;

1. Any menu that is activated remains highlighted = light red arrow instead of grey.
I have problems to understand the issue.
Do you mean the arrows at the drop-down menus like for e.g. the wavetables?

UPDATE:
Just checked. With the drop-down menus always at the last one used the arrow seems to be light red while all others are dark red. If i move to another drop-down menu that one will be light red and the previous one dark again.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

^^^^ Confirmed too, it was happening since the first x64 beta.

Ingo, this might help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GUI Antilaising Problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Everglide wrote:Ingo, this might help
So does it only happen with the drop-down menu that was used as the last one or is it higlighted with multiple drop-down menus?

I will report this but if it only happens with the last drop-down menu used (like here) it does not render the plugin useless...

I could confirm that this does not happen with the old 32-bit plugin (v1.5.1).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

It happens only on the last accessed dropdown menu.

It's not a terrible bug, but it should be something that's easily sorted, GUI-wise.

EvilDragon wrote:It happens only on the last accessed dropdown menu.

It's not a terrible bug, but it should be something that's easily sorted, GUI-wise.
Agreed.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”