Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I'm a mac user, and this was one thing that I've always found interesting. Any idea when a beta, demo, or final product will be available as 64-bit mac?

"I don't own ME80, but have bougth MemoryMoon and Messiah from you, maybe they are due for an update too? "

I have not decided yet. I have spent so many hours doing presets for those synth. With the ME80 upgrade I lost all the presets for it and had to start over again.
With the CK_engine I have to hire Chris Kerry to do upgrades, it is actually easier for me to do development in synth-edit because then I can experiement as I wish. Me and Chris have worked toghether with custom modules for many years, so the ME80 was an evolution of that cooperation, and the process went really smooth with a good spirit. The ME80 1.0 already did run on 98% Chris Kerry modules. The cooperation between SE builders and custom module coders seems to get completely overlooked here at KVR. People think that either you are using stock modules, or then you code custom modules yourself. That middle way is very fruitful, that people work together crates a lot of energy and innovation. It is the same kind of power that teachers will recognice when they let student work in groups. One evening you say: Oh, that is impossible, I cant do that. The next morning you send a proud email: "Problem solved, see attachment". I dont know what to do with Messiah and Memorymoon yet. I want to keep all my patches. 64 bit synth edit will soon be ready, Jeff is porting the last sub-control modules to 64 bit and Mac these days. The GUI code is the remaining problem, the DSP code has been ready for a long time. But the 64bit version requires special coded 64 bit modules and mac modules, so there will be a lot of problems for people that use many custom modules, like myself.

I like Jeff McClintock
I like synth-edit.

I will not try to do any point that the ME80 2.0 is not synth-edit. Synth-edit 2.0 will be very good.

Answer to when it is ready and when there will be a Mac 64 bit version, and when will there be
demo versions.
We forgot to do demo versions, so I will make demo versions when we upload the 2.1 before Christmas 2014. The only thing I know for sure about the 2.1 version is that there will be a full factory bank. I made 155 new sounds during summer holiday, and Robin Grinnall sent me some new ones yesterday. I still need sounds, so please send me your sounds.

The 2.0 version that I send download links for is the final version, and there is a MAC 64 bit version in the Mac installer. There are 3 installers. (3 seperate download links:)
Win32, Win64, and a Mac installer for all the Mac versions.

Versions:
ME80: Win32/64 and Mac 32/64bit
Messiah and Memorymoon: Win32 only.

All the best
gunnare
Last edited by gunnare on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

64 bit synth edit will soon be ready, Jeff is porting the last sub-control modules to 64 bit and Mac these days. The GUI code is the remaining problem, the DSP code has been ready for a long time.
That are really good news! Thank you for the info gunnare!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I was a beta tester and also contributed a few patches too (Paul Roach).Its been running perfect for me on Win 7 64 (32bit & 64bit versions) Lovely synth just got better. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:I was a beta tester and also contributed a few patches too (Paul Roach).Its been running perfect for me on Win 7 64 (32bit & 64bit versions) Lovely synth just got better. :tu:
Obviously the rumour mill at KVR is not working? :?

How could you beta testers keep under wraps that the 64 bit update was under way :?

Me wants gossip :D

Thanks, 2 more betatesters added to the list, still many missing many names:

Betatesters:
Robin Grinnall, Paul Roach, Peter Werner, "L" (Lew), Georges Poropat, Jesper Freisleben Nilsen,
Ralph Mangeno.......
Last edited by gunnare on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Numanoid wrote:
jethrobull wrote:I was a beta tester and also contributed a few patches too (Paul Roach).Its been running perfect for me on Win 7 64 (32bit & 64bit versions) Lovely synth just got better. :tu:
Obviously the rumour mill at KVR is not working? :?

How could you beta testers keep under wraps that the 64 bit update was under way :?

Me wants gossip :D
I am surprised too. Actually the ME80 2.0 was finished betatested in early May, but I was to exhausted to release it. So it has been sitting on my hard-disk for 2 months, and all betatesters managed to keep quiet. Very impressing. I got some mails like: "Can I post it at KVR now?". "Would you like us to do any promotion for it?"

Posting of download links 50% complete. Will continue tonight.

gunnare wrote: if you bought the synth in the 3 last years 100% of what you paid for the synth went into this upgrade
So, in effect, a kind of Freeware.
Old habits die hard, eh, Gunnar?

I'm just glad it's not Donationware - woulda cost me a damn sight more than 40 bucks!

Syntilla wrote:
gunnare wrote: if you bought the synth in the 3 last years 100% of what you paid for the synth went into this upgrade
So, in effect, a kind of Freeware.
It's a free upgrade for those who already have bought it.

When Reaktor went 64 bit, that didn't cost Reaktor 5 users a dime, but I wouldn't call it freeware because of that :D

BTW, just installed Mixcraft 6, good to see Messiah in there :tu:

All above is correct. Sometimes I think of it as freeware, sometimes as an investment for the future. Upgrade cost for the completly rebuilt 2.0 version: Free.

Honestly I must say that I did not know what Mac versions you find in the Mac installer. Chris Kerry takes care of all these things. It is:
MAC VST 32/64 bit
MAC AU 32/64 bit

I have sent download links to all owners of ME80, but if you did not recieve any mails from me you can request download links. You find my mail at the bottom of the startpage at http://www.memorymoon.com/ Please check your spam-box first.

I got returned mail from these mail-adresses:
losrangeros
mikelcarrion
info
danwent
iceman1265
acwik
gerard.rimbau
frodon81
doug1978
exode.sound
alexanderweyland
volker.klueting
j_halloran

All the best
gunnare

I want to post 2 tracks from Robin Grinnall using the ME80 2.0. The thing that grabbed my attention was the way the sounds sing with lot of expression.

https://soundcloud.com/rob-james-g/refl ... ssible-wip
Breath controller on the ME80v2, ribbon control on Prism lead. The Arp is Synth 1. I think he use V-meter for pitch glides: http://www.thomann.de/gb/curious_inventor_vmeter.htm

https://soundcloud.com/rob-james-g/la-2019
The track uses the ribbon (Vmeter) and breath controller. Ribbon sliding pitch sounds. Breath controller and dynamic jabbing attack to the keys for the punchy ME80v2 brass sound. In ME80 breath control (CC2) is routed to the aftertouch system inside the ME80.

But where are the polyphonic aftertouch keyboards? This was the year when everybody even dropped simple mono aftertouch. Thinking of Roland FA6 and 8 and Yamaha Mox-series and MX series.

Some info about the drift page that may not be easy to understand:

Each synthline has independent Depth and Speed sliders for LFO drift:

Depth: Sets the range of Detune Randomisation - it only sets the Maximum Drift Detuning Range allowed.

The Speed sets how often a new 'Random' detune pitch is chosen and it glides to that pitch at the 'Speed' setting.
When the detune is reached another 'Random' detune pitch is chosen and it glides to the new detune.

Speed Range:
0% (slow) = 60 seconds (approx)
100% (fast) = 0.05 seconds (approx)

Slowest speed is meant to emulate real hardware oscillator drift caused by electronic components changing temperature.
Fast, can be used as an effect a bit like randomised Chorusing.

Sine harmonics: Affects the sine wave only. The sine wave has only one harmonic so it will have no effect on the sine wave, but in the synthlines the sine wave can be changed to a triangle wave. So this slider will set the numbers of harmonics when using the triangle wave.

After speed: Increase value to smooth sudden hand movements. At minimum it is fast aftertouch. The aftertouch value will change more slowly as you increase the slider value and reduce sudden unwanted hand movememts. And it will make it easier to do long even sweeps from aftertouch.

Bend speed: Increase slider value to smooth the bender response. At minimum it is fast. As you increase the slider value the bend values will change more slowly, and the result is a more even bend. It will smooth out sudden hand movements. It is very difficult to do a long pitch slide that falls with even speed. This slider will help you to get more even pitch bends.

All the best
gunnare

FLWrd wrote:Well, I'm a mac user, and this was one thing that I've always found interesting. Any idea when a beta, demo, or final product will be available as 64-bit mac?
Thank you so much for the port to Mac.. I took the risk of purchasing without the current availability of a demo version, and have no regrets whatsoever. Having a keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch (Elka MK80 mkII), it is a sheer joy to play, and I consider it excellent value. Holds up well against the Arturia CS80V (which I adore also ;) )
I am hoping that Mac versions of your other instruments (especially the MemoryMoon itself ;) ) are somewhere along the pipeline. :pray: :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I'd love to try a demo of the new version sometime soon. Very exciting news!

How will Mixcraft Pro users be treated? Afaik they are working on the 64-bit version of that DAW, will it include the 64-bit ME80?

The new version will likely mean the end of the Arturia clone :hihi:

david.beholder wrote:Do anybody know what is CK engine?
Sounds like he has built an independent development environment of his own :)

Return to “Instruments”