AudioThing Valve Exciter - update v1.5.1 with AAX 32/64bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Valve Exciter

So is the CM version not the Pentode or Triode, something else?

itneveris wrote:So is the CM version not the Pentode or Triode, something else?
Valve Filter CM is in pentode mode.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Demo is now available. Download links at the bottom of the page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/valve-exciter/

The CM version doesn't work in Live 9 ... XP 32 bit
It doesn't show up in the browser after installing

I wanna try and review this too, especially in few upcoming magazines.
The biggest thing that draws me to it is its look, i love it.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

thecontrolcentre wrote:The CM version doesn't work in Live 9 ... XP 32 bit
It doesn't show up in the browser after installing
As I wrote in the other thread, did you try to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
Choose the 32bit (x86) version.
BasariStudios wrote:I wanna try and review this too, especially in few upcoming magazines.
The biggest thing that draws me to it is its look, i love it.
Thanks. The demo is now available for download at the bottom of the product page, but if you mean a NFR you should contact us. Be aware that we usually don't even reply to NFR requests unless is for a major magazine or website.

With my EE hat on I have to ask,

how exactly does ECC83 work as a pentode? You go inside the valve, physically change it's grid configuration, modify the entire pinout and repack it into a vacuum envelope?

Our valve emulation is modelled after the ECC83 curve, but of course with the code you can do pretty much whatever you want. Triode/Pentode are used just as a sonic reference of what you can expect. Same for what we did with Valve Filter, modelled after a ladder filter but without the gain drop caused by the resonance (something that I personally don't prefer).

But then, what am I supposed to expect with ECC83 in pentode mode, since it's not at all possible physically?

I would have hard time expecting certain response even with a tube that actually *is* a pentode configured into a triode.

Driven into what, in what configuration and power supply type. And are these power pentodes like in a guitar amp output stage?

etc.

(I'm just messing with you, the EE hat makes all these plugin interfaces and and tube plugins somewhat amusing.)

I just messed around with this on some guitar, then on some drums. Very nice. :tu:

I'd like to play with it some more before I buy it; how long will the intro price be in effect?
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Kingston wrote:(I'm just messing with you, the EE hat makes all these plugin interfaces and and tube plugins somewhat amusing.)
Yeah I know what you mean. I probably should have put something like quasi-pentode instead :)
There's a solid state preamp stage with transparency, that is what drives the signal load into the valve/clipping stage.
stroker_ace wrote:I just messed around with this on some guitar, then on some drums. Very nice. :tu:

I'd like to play with it some more before I buy it; how long will the intro price be in effect?
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. The price will be the same at least until August 15th.

Update v1.0.2 is out!

- Dropped support for VST3
- Fixed host settings recall for VST
- Fixed Live/Studio One internal bypass bug
- Improved CPU usage and reduced size
- Added Input/Output controls (not in GUI)

You can upgrade downloading the demo at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/valve-exciter/

Input and Output controls are not included in the GUI but are fully automatable. I know it's not practical yet, but I prefered to fix the bugs first.

If you use Live you can click on the "arrow down" icon next to the wrench icon in the plugin rack.
If you use Cubase you can click on the "arrow down" icon on the top-right of the plugin window and then choose Switch to Generic Editor.
If you use Logic you can click on Editor menu in the plugin window and choose Controls.
Last edited by audiothing on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great sounding exciter. I like to use it on vocals and guitars. Thanks for the update, but what's wrong with vst3? Looking forward to see an update with input/output knobs :)

Nice, those extra controls really help, cheers 8)

lvivski wrote:Great sounding exciter. I like to use it on vocals and guitars. Thanks for the update, but what's wrong with vst3? Looking forward to see an update with input/output knobs :)
I'm glad you like it! For some mysterious reasons VST3 version was messing with presets and parameters recall from saved projects (but only in certain DAWs). Until I investigate more on the issue I decided to drop it and keep only the VST2.4 which is quite stable now and should be supported by all VST hosts/DAWs afaik.

VST in general can be quite problematic, in fact if you are on a Mac I suggest to use the AU version.
Rah wrote:Nice, those extra controls really help, cheers 8)
Thank you! There will be a GUI update in the future for easy access to those controls.

---

To everyone who tried the demo yesterday without luck, please download it again as I forgot to enable the actual demo on both MAC/PC. Issue is now fixed.

We are also (slowly) working on a port to RTAS/AAX. More info hopefully soon.

Return to “Effects”