Is Sugarbyte Thesys the best stepsequencer out there?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Modulys

BlackWinny wrote:
cowby wrote:Just found a vst-plug called b-step ...... but am still in the office.

Will try to have a detail look at this one.

anyone tried or own it ?

Cheers~
You talk about B-Step Sequencer I think. It is very specialized to make lines of a bass guitar (it reproduces the four strings of the neck of a bass axe with the synthesis included, etc.) But it has good features based on the circle of fifth. It is very different from a classical step-sequencer.

They have made also a step-sequencer in the same spirit but for... 6 strings of a guitar! It's called CYTHAR. Very specialized too. And this one is free for the moment because it is still a beta version.

I have never tried them, neither the first nor the second, but I'm interested to test the second as long as it is free...
Thanks Blackwinny, I didn't read the details and haven't seen the Utube things.... so I didn't aware that it is for Bass GT ..haha

I have tried every single arpeggiator and step sequencer out there and they are all garbage except for Thesys and Cthulhu. Thesys is the most powerful step sequencer out there. It's only shortcoming is that it is not an arpeggiator as in you play chord, out comes a melody pattern. Everything else is covered in Thesys. I highly recommend it. You won't regret that purchase if you're really into messing around with triggerable step sequencers. If you are looking for the best arpeggiator out there then Cthulhu is the best one ever made. It not only does totally custom arpeggios, it does chord triggering as well. I just wish they'd remove the stupid squid thing on the GUI but other than that, you won't find a better arp out there.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:I have tried every single arpeggiator and step sequencer out there and they are all garbage except for Thesys and Cthulhu. Thesys is the most powerful step sequencer out there. It's only shortcoming is that it is not an arpeggiator as in you play chord, out comes a melody pattern. Everything else is covered in Thesys. I highly recommend it. You won't regret that purchase if you're really into messing around with triggerable step sequencers. If you are looking for the best arpeggiator out there then Cthulhu is the best one ever made. It not only does totally custom arpeggios, it does chord triggering as well. I just wish they'd remove the stupid squid thing on the GUI but other than that, you won't find a better arp out there.

.-.
I like Kirnu Cream better as an Arp than Cthulhu... (I have both)

pdxindy wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:I have tried every single arpeggiator and step sequencer out there and they are all garbage except for Thesys and Cthulhu. Thesys is the most powerful step sequencer out there. It's only shortcoming is that it is not an arpeggiator as in you play chord, out comes a melody pattern. Everything else is covered in Thesys. I highly recommend it. You won't regret that purchase if you're really into messing around with triggerable step sequencers. If you are looking for the best arpeggiator out there then Cthulhu is the best one ever made. It not only does totally custom arpeggios, it does chord triggering as well. I just wish they'd remove the stupid squid thing on the GUI but other than that, you won't find a better arp out there.

.-.
I like Kirnu Cream better as an Arp than Cthulhu... (I have both)
It depends the complexity of what is to be done.

For simple (and also less simple) sequences, I use Kirnu or BlueArp.

But yes, for very complex sequences (overlapped voice triggers for example), they are totally out of their depth... And it's normal, anybody can't ask them something as dreadfully complex. Therefore at this moment I pass the baby to Cthulhu.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

pdxindy wrote:I like Kirnu Cream better as an Arp than Cthulhu... (I have both)
That's cool. I tried to like Kirnu and almost thought it was great but I just couldn't get past the fact that you couldn't tie notes and some other whacked erratic behavior with the looping that pissed me off. I forgot what it was exactly but I finally deleted it after that. I just feel that it's not finished and the guy gives no real support in his forum so it's one of those "I'll just wait and see if it gets a decent update and I'll try it again in the future. I definitely won't hold my breath though.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I like Kirnu Cream better as an Arp than Cthulhu... (I have both)
That's cool. I tried to like Kirnu and almost thought it was great but I just couldn't get past the fact that you couldn't tie notes and some other whacked erratic behavior with the looping that pissed me off. I forgot what it was exactly but I finally deleted it after that. I just feel that it's not finished and the guy gives no real support in his forum so it's one of those "I'll just wait and see if it gets a decent update and I'll try it again in the future. I definitely won't hold my breath though.
.-.
yeah, not being able to tie notes is a glaring deficiency... and you are right about some erratic behavior... However, Cthulhu has its own deficiencies too...

Neither of them are the arp I wish to have... maybe someday... ;-)

eidenk wrote:Modulys
+1 ...much fun to be had. As is:

Here
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I know its a host but Metro 7 has the revolution ARP. IMHO it is the most configurable..

Easy to route metros midi out to another host :)

* a freebie I use a lot is hypercyclic by mucoder (Mac, Windows) /

* Reaper also has one that's included called - Sequencer Baby V2 by jnif (Reaper) **

Era is not bad also (father of thesys)
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/prod ... p?lang=de#

Whoa Simon Posford is on KVR... the finest electronic musician ever to grace this planet. :love:

Simon Posford wrote:Era is not bad also (father of thesys)
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/prod ... p?lang=de#
Thesys I bought but never gelled with for some reason. I stuck with ERA2 - it's soo powerful.

I wish Holger would come back and finish Phrazor :cry:

:)

I like it but it's not for the hamhanded. The controls are way too narrow and small for my liking.

Return to “Instruments”