eq to compliment dc8c2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I just want to say I have successfuly matched EQ curves of so called "analog" EQs using IIEQ Pro or TB EQ, thanks to Christian Budde's VST Plugin Analyzer. It's just a matter of taste and EQ options, but you can achieve almost everything you want using these two, although some EQs with fixed settings are faster to work with (such as PTH-2A) if you know what you're after.
So, it's a myth busted for me, it's all digital.
It's easy if you know how

AstralExistence wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:What DAW are you using?
ableton live. i know theirs the ableton effects but i prefer third party.
Huh ?

EQ8 is the tits . . . and it's already paid for
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
Huh ?

And in Live 9, EQ 8 is by Andy of Cytomic - you can't get much better than his plugins.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Mister Natural wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
Huh ?

Yah EQ8 is incredible and it's free.

Still one of my favourites!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Mister Natural wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
Huh ?

Yah EQ8 is incredible and it's free.

Still one of my favourites!
man i just got ableton live i didnt know about the eq8 designed by that cytomic company. so eq 8 is all new code by cytomic or is it the old eq8 with a bit of new code. i just read that the glue is now included with live. i had no idea. im come from a time when native plugin fx stink. that may be changing it seems.

is eq 8 better then tdr gentleman's edition?

AstralExistence wrote:is eq 8 better then tdr gentleman's edition?
They're different beasts. EQ 8 is clean. SlickEQ has different EQ style emulations, saturation, and output stage settings. SlickEQ is free; try it. If you like it, buy the GE version, which is a number of great additional features.

wesleyt wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:is eq 8 better then tdr gentleman's edition?
They're different beasts. EQ 8 is clean. SlickEQ has different EQ style emulations, saturation, and output stage settings. SlickEQ is free; try it. If you like it, buy the GE version, which is a number of great additional features.
what about soneq pro?

AstralExistence wrote:what about soneq pro?
I've never demoed it; it's not my style.

If you want saturation in your EQ to help add warmth and what not maybe give this a demo

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/equalizers/psp_mcq/

It's a bit more than.. what you want to pay for but it might be worth saving that extra dollar or so.

V0RT3X wrote:If you want saturation in your EQ to help add warmth and what not maybe give this a demo

It's a bit more than.. what you want to pay for but it might be worth saving that extra dollar or so.
so basically im looking for a clean eq?

AstralExistence wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:If you want saturation in your EQ to help add warmth and what not maybe give this a demo

If you want a clean EQ then stick to EQ8. Next best clean EQ i can think of is Equality or Equick, and then if your super serious about EQ you should pick up Equilibrium.

itneveris wrote:SweeTone is only tilt and filters.

I personally recommend the HoRNeT SW34EQ. I love this thing, VERY intuitive and sounds awesome.
ill try it.

V0RT3X wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:

If you want a clean EQ then stick to EQ8. Next best clean EQ i can think of is Equality or Equick, and then if your super serious about EQ you should pick up Equilibrium.
ok i will. question, i just bought dc8c2 today should i stick with the glue, and if yes, can i use the glue on both track and master bus?

:edit:
As it's name suggests, the Glue's forte is on the master and group tracks such as a drum bus, where it is know for 'glueing' a mix together to make it sound more cohesive.

Glue compressor is excellent but I won't speak to your ? re: compressors; I'll stay on topic with regard to EQ and EFX in general

you really need to spend some time with the EFX built into LIVE9 before you judge that they are inferior to any third party plug

for me; sync'd plugs like CSpace, CPhat, AdrenalinnSync2 are easier to work with than Ableton counterparts for the simple reason that they are already pre-setted-out( I could probably engineer similar EFX if I really took the time with LIVE native EFX). The only other EFX that I've found in my modest use of this beautiful host, is the reverb. I've been able to work-up some decent sounding native verbs but again, using Valhalla Vintage is so much easier. . . oh, and the chorus plug sucks in LIVE(at least for guitars)

:=)

best of luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Effects”