$14,410.00 for a good computer....

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it is so overpriced when you buying new apple(i got my mac os x this times and from beginning is setter like my windows after 3-4 hours) while you buying everything(keyboards, biggest rams, etc..)

ok, maybe for me is enough 32GB so price will be lower - $13,610.00

:DDD

so, is it for millionaires or for microsoft or for who?

i just though it should be, sorry, f**king half price!
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

It's for me someday.
:borg:

pfft i make 14,000 in 25 minutes. well, i would if i was a ceo or the son/daughter of one. see what i did there.

its not for you :oops: gotta pay to play.

It's for the people who thinks the most expensive one is the best one. In other words, for the people who is rich and doesn't know what kind of computer they need.

V0RT3X wrote:It's for me someday.

that's weird, you said the same thing i did at the exact same time you said its for you, and i said its not for you :o

AstralExistence wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:It's for me someday.

that's weird, you said the same thing i did at the exact same time you said its for you, and i said its not for you :o
what a strange coincidence :lol:

It's for businesses that can use its devaluation at the end of the fiscal year for tax write offs. :lol:

However, I decided to take the double Xeon route myself and see if I liked it better. And now I can't see myself ever being happy with a single processor again (But no, my computer didn't cost 14k and I didn't buy it all at once either. So obviously, its not crApple)

BBFG# wrote:It's for businesses that can use its devaluation at the end of the fiscal year for tax write offs. :lol:

However, I decided to take the double Xeon route myself and see if I liked it better. And now I can't see myself ever being happy with a single processor again (But no, my computer didn't cost 14k and I didn't buy it all at once either. So obviously, its not crApple)
What specs are your system? I'm curious about building a Xeon VEP slave someday for my crapple MBP because i like using Logic.

AstralExistence wrote: its not for you :oops: gotta pay to play.
http://youtu.be/3ImFrTq3hNg

V0RT3X wrote:
What specs are your system? I'm curious about building a Xeon VEP slave someday for my crapple MBP because i like using Logic.
Logic is really the only thing that ever interests me and the only reason I consider Apple...
Sometimes think about doing a Hackentosh just for it...

Win7x64 P (2)Xeon E5-2690 2.9ghz - 32GB/20GB RAM - 1/2 gig video - MOTU 24IO
I do have a 256GB SSD but decided it's too small and Win 8.1 OS which disappoints me for a Studio Computer, but it's a continual work in progress

The top spec Mac Pro has always been priced like that. It's not intended for the average user, it's for business types or professionals who make their living using the features it offers.

I couldn't afford this, but the lower spec / price 2009 model has served me well for the last 5 years or so.

Worth every penny.
... space is the place ...

BBFG# wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
Logic is really the only thing that ever interests me and the only reason I consider Apple...
Sometimes think about doing a Hackentosh just for it...

Win7x64 P (2)Xeon E5-2690 2.9ghz - 32GB/20GB RAM - 1/2 gig video - MOTU 24IO
I do have a 256GB SSD but decided it's too small and Win 8.1 OS which disappoints me for a Studio Computer, but it's a continual work in progress
Sweet thanks for the information. That's a pretty badass setup :o

Unless you need all of the expansion capabilities (RAM, ports) and GPU horsepower, a top spec iMac will deliver similar performance to the new Mac Pro. The Mac Pro is probably a bit faster, and Logic/FCP may be tweaked to get more performance out of the new systems but the latest iMacs hold their own.
... space is the place ...

I saw the thread title and thought of those esoteric numbers that xoxos was aluding to in Everything else.

one reply, one truth.. but ZenPunkHippy, was really MacPros was cheaper? its cool cause price can be lower in time if this cause its absolutely new thing, so i now think MacPro for that money must be critical so it can be repaid by preferences(i must assume it is historic)

thanks everyone for reply!
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”