high bass sound with Zebra2

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://youtu.be/O8BnWzZKlHg?t=1m26s

how do you make this kinda high scratchy bass?

i saw tons of youtube tutorials and they all use massive and they all sounds same haha.

if you dont use zebra 2, then just tell me how it's made

As with most of these sorts of sounds the bass itself is just a bass. It layered underneath the other sounds to keep the weight of the sound consistent. The high pitched noise which is layered over the bass along with a chord made up of saw waves gets it's character from a sample rate reducer. That's where the grainyness comes from. So in zebra put a sine wave or triangle in the first signal path. Then in the second tune an oscillator up a couple of octaves and use the sample rate reducer filter type. You'll want slightly more harmonics in the second wave so that the sample rate reducer has something to mess up. You may also want to add some distortion after that to make it extra dirty. Then just adjust the balance between the two to taste. It'll take some screwing around with the exact frequencies if you want to make it identical to the sound in your example but this will get you pretty close. I would personally slap a compressor in the master effects to mash the sounds together a little more.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Sound Design”